Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Watching english tv in Italy

Watching english tv in Italy

Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Watching english tv in Italy

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
.. I suppose
it will still figure out that I'm not on a UK VPN though ?
.. a what???
Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:48 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

bL**DY helL I never though of that !! Yes we have WII and it is rigged for the Wifi so tonight '' just dance 3 ' will get hidden while I try this ... I suppose
Yes I think it will ..... but there are videos on YouTube about what to change in the settings to cheat it into thinking it's in the UK.

Haven't tried it myself as I'm waiting for Telecom to swap my modem for a wireless one.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:01 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
ooh, this sounds to good to be true About how much does an Apple IPad cost?
Various storage sizes means various prices. The iPad 3 comes out next week in the US so probably within 2 weeks of that here in Italy. Currently there are 6 versions: 16gb, 32gb and 64gb which work wi-fi only and the same sizes that work on 3G as well as wi-fi. It's rumoured that there will be a new 8gb version coming out next week and the iPad 2 will be reduced in price. I've got the 64gb 3G version and it's full of hi def movies, photos and games.

Originally Posted by cinzia
There are 14 english channels you can watch on this app. From BBC 1, BBC 2,
ITV 1 through to 4, channel 4 and 5 and others.
Satellite TV has a lot more channels, 100s in fact. Mostly British based content as well.

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Any tips on hooking up ipad to watch it on one's telly?
Really simple if you use either the HDMI adaptor for mirroring or the AV component cables to stream video.

Yes, you definitely deserve praise and you are a woman, too!Clever girl All these men and their antennae (or is it antennas)........ not to mention hot spots
I have a mighty erection.

bL**DY helL I never though of that !! Yes we have WII and it is rigged for the Wifi so tonight '' just dance 3 ' will get hidden while I try this ... I suppose
I've not tried it but I presume you still need a UK VPN or proxy but please let us know. My Xbox 360 has 4oD and LoveFilm which I have yet to try if they work here in Italy.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

cinzia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tip off. Will try it tonight.

I've got fed up with paying 7 euros or whatever/month for BBC i player . It all looks good but I don't use it much.

Any tips on hooking up ipad to watch it on one's telly?
I just consulted You Tube! And all you need is a HDMI cable, an Apple digital AV adaptor and a 10 year old boy on You Tube will show you step by step how to hook up iPad to' watch on your telly.......simple!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Duffer so you have italian TV + sky uk + i pad + xbox ?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:17 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Just asked son. He said, 'of course you can'. All you need to do is download Opera. Costs €5.' Surely it can't be that simple??? I'll kill him is it is!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

I am getting really confused now. Have I got to get an Ipad or a WII? Son has an XBox - can we do anything with that?

When you guys and girls have got this sorted out and up and running, drop me a line with step by step instructions. Tia
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I've also got some old biscuit tins and bits of string ... Any good?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:42 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Duffer so you have italian TV + sky uk + i pad + xbox ?
I got the lot plus chicken wings but nothing beats my favourite pastime!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
I got the lot plus chicken wings but nothing beats my favourite pastime!
Didn't know you were a stamp collector Duffer. Any swaps?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:50 pm
Pull my finger

I am getting really confused now. Have I got to get an Ipad or a WII? Son has an XBox - can we do anything with that?

When you guys and girls have got this sorted out and up and running, drop me a line with step by step instructions. Tia
I suggest you go with Sky TV and the dish. What's happened in the past is that these online apps will start asking for money or limit your speed/quality and in the end they just get shutdown for copyright infringement. So if you have the means, enjoy it whilst it lasts but I wouldn't go to any extra expense for a streaming site.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:52 pm
Pull my finger

Didn't know you were a stamp collector Duffer. Any swaps?
I don't mind swapping!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
I don't mind swapping!
I asked for that.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:06 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by 37100
Just asked son. He said, 'of course you can'. All you need to do is download Opera. Costs €5.' Surely it can't be that simple??? I'll kill him is it is!
I'm sure you can watch the iPlayer on the Wii but I think you still need a UK VPN or a proxy so I presume this is one of them. Does he mean the Opera browser?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:08 pm
Pull my finger

I asked for that.
So you don't want to swap now?

You just want to watch...

... English TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.