Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Volunteer opportunities in Roma

Volunteer opportunities in Roma

Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Nortius Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Volunteer opportunities in Roma

I've a bit of time on my hands and would like to volunteer some of it. I have done a lot of volunteering in the past with different and varied organisations.

I have looked at the big classified websites and have come up short. Anyone know of any worth while projects in the city area?

Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Volunteer opportunities in Roma

Did you try RomaAltruista ?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

No. Wasn't aware of that.

Thanks a mil
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:33 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nortius Maximus
I've a bit of time on my hands and would like to volunteer some of it. I have done a lot of volunteering in the past with different and varied organisations.

I have looked at the big classified websites and have come up short. Anyone know of any worth while projects in the city area?

Thanks.
Nortius if you would consider volunteering some time as a mother language English reader for Italian middle school kids then I know 2 or 3 schools that would be interested. Send me a PM if that is the sort of thing that you are thinking of.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Did you try RomaAltruista ?
Really helpful website. Have already done some work with one organisation and lined something up for a second.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Nortius if you would consider volunteering some time as a mother language English reader for Italian middle school kids then I know 2 or 3 schools that would be interested. Send me a PM if that is the sort of thing that you are thinking of.

Thanks for the suggestions (via PM). Too far from my home unfortunately but something I would be interested in doing. I do something similar in my childrens school.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it worked for you ,
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nortius Maximus

Thanks.
Hi,

I doubt anybody here'll be able to point you to a particular project. It's possible of course.

If not, ask around. The sort of people who may well know are people like priests and vicars, and people already working with a volunteering organisation, not necessarily in Rome. Try asking them. They might have heard something, or have friends who know.

I wonder if there's a Roman equivalent of these: http://denaro.it/blog/2014/02/18/cib...ici-di-strada/