Reload this Page >

Trying to source a kids climbing frame

Trying to source a kids climbing frame

Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Snow-drop is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Trying to source a kids climbing frame

Hi all,

As (fingers crossed) it will soon be Spring, I was hoping to buy a climbing frame for my son with a slide. I had a fabulous one when I was a kid. It was a square 'castle', basically had four sides to it, which had climbing bars on each side, platforms inside which were like beds, and a open 'doorway' and a slide down it. It wasn't that big maybe 6ft x 6ft x 6ft (or maybe smaller as obviously I wasn't that tall when I was 3 years old!).

Anyway, I was hoping to find something similar in Italy. I have a had a look on the internet but not found anything so far.

Does anyone know where I could locate a climbing frame with a slide (possibly something similar to above)? Or maybe, recommend a good kids shop I could look at.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Snowdrop.xx
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:04 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to source a kids climbing frame

Toy World will start to get swings etc in closer to Easter. They are seasonal here. Other than that and the internet I can't recommend anywhere specific. Start checking out bigger toy stores as it gets warmer.

I actually gave ours away 4 weeks ago, for nothing.... Sorry...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Some garden centres have them too.

Also, keep an eye on this website, they have a second hand market in May - depending on school holidays, and you may get one there.

http://www.clubeuropeo.it/English/Ch...9/Default.aspx

Last edited by LivingHere; Feb 20th 2011 at 6:05 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:38 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

www.subito.it for a second hand one, but sometimes there are firms that can make to measure also advertising on there.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Dear all,

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I can't believe you gave yours away TestaRossa!!!! If anyone else wants to give one away - I am more than willing to take it off your hands!

Thanks again for your help,

Much appreciated.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 7:27 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've learnt the hard way that when you need to get rid of something fast and you want it to go to a good home it's better just to give it away! I'd had it nearly 10 years anyway (it has a lift time guarantee on the metal parts) but last minute change of destination in the move we were making meant I had 2 weeks to find it a home!! The person that took it took a trike and a few other garden toys too as we now have just a terrace, but that's okay.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

I know exactly what you mean- when we moved here we gave an almost brand new sofa bed away. It wasn't so much given to a good home but to someone who was down on their luck. So although we could have made money by selling it, we felt good about doing this 'friend of a friend of a friend' a favour when they fell upon hard times.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road

Hi

If you want something quick I'd order it on Amazon.co.uk. They'll deliver free to Italy on orders over £25.00 provided it's from Amazon and not a marketplace supplier (in the case of the latter you'll likely be charged a delivery charge).

I still buy most stuff in the UK and have it shipped over. It's cheaper and less hassle than trying to find something here. I think you're in Como, so if you ever want to share a delivery charge (I've found a very reasonable company in the UK - £30 for 25kg) and I'd be happy to get stuff sent together - I'm also in Como citta.

Regards

Sarah
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissSP
Hi

If you want something quick I'd order it on Amazon.co.uk. They'll deliver free to Italy on orders over £25.00 provided it's from Amazon and not a marketplace supplier (in the case of the latter you'll likely be charged a delivery charge).

I still buy most stuff in the UK and have it shipped over. It's cheaper and less hassle than trying to find something here. I think you're in Como, so if you ever want to share a delivery charge (I've found a very reasonable company in the UK - £30 for 25kg) and I'd be happy to get stuff sent together - I'm also in Como citta.

Regards

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Could you PM the company details please? I would like to get a big size trampoline for the kids, but have not bought one already as the choice here is not as good as getting it from the UK.
Thanks.