TRAVEL ADVICE

Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:31 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRAVEL ADVICE

Ok its not a warning!

I am looking to go from Edinburgh to Sicily in a few weeks and have found what I think is a WAY better route than normal.

Normally I would do, Edinburgh to Milan or Rome then on to Catania

BUT, not I think Edinburgh to Malta, then just get a boat into Catania - Double awesome!!

Question for you all if you have been to Malta,

I would prefer to do the short ferry trip to the Southern tip of Sicily to Ispica and get a train or bus - is this easy?

I am guessing it is and probably around 10 to 15 euros to get to Catania?

If anyone knows that would be great

thanks
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice
Default Re: TRAVEL ADVICE

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Ok its not a warning!

I am looking to go from Edinburgh to Sicily in a few weeks and have found what I think is a WAY better route than normal.

Normally I would do, Edinburgh to Milan or Rome then on to Catania

BUT, not I think Edinburgh to Malta, then just get a boat into Catania - Double awesome!!

Question for you all if you have been to Malta,

I would prefer to do the short ferry trip to the Southern tip of Sicily to Ispica and get a train or bus - is this easy?

I am guessing it is and probably around 10 to 15 euros to get to Catania?

If anyone knows that would be great

thanks
Can't help you but have to say I love the double awesome!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

FLYING AIRMALTA used to be fine - it went Malta - Catanaia - London, now it has all changed and you have to fly Catania-MAlta- London without any connection so you are forced to stay over in Malta at huge expense. Same with Easyjet i think. So its not such a great saving- Also the catamaran from Valetta to Pozzallo isnt cheap - and of course only runs in good weather which in winter isnt guaranteed. If you want to go from Pozzallo to Catania, you can get a bus to Siracusa and change onto another bus or the train. Or get the ferry straight to Catania. Add a day onto your journey..... quicker and easier to fly direct, or fly to Palermo and get he bus to Catania which takes 2.5 hours.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:44 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

For me travelling to MALTA means 1 flight

Edinburgh to Malta - flight also leaves at 7am which is perfect

I would much rather use 1 plane than two and as its so early unlikely to be delays etc.

The alternate routes involve 4 hours waiting around in the North of Italy and a second flight, then I still have to get from the airport to the city (Done this many times)

So my NEW route that I think HAS to be better is 1 flight arriving in Malta in the morning (Not late at night) and a ferry either A straight to Catania or the preferred is the short route and a bus.

I am sure it must be possible - I have a pal in Malta so could kip at his if a layover is required - just want to avoid 4 planes when doing the round trip.

k

PS if you like Double AWESOME

you will love the

Double Maddonnaaaaa
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Firsttimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't help. But speaking of awesome ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1TnzCiUSI0
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Born in Malta. Second best place in the world.