Reload this Page >

Translation of V5C document

Translation of V5C document

Old May 12th 2017, 7:20 am
Just Joined

janeypops53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Translation of V5C document

Hello all,

Am just about to get my V5C form translated for the car we brought over from the UK, and I thought 'there must be one already translated out there that I can use'.
So many people are bringing their cars over and going through to whole process of Italian registration. There MUST be someone who has a copy of their translated V5C document who would be willing to send me a copy (for a reasonable fee????). Anyone???
If my plea is successful, it got me thinking. Why not have a repository of useful translated documents ready for use by others? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance
Old May 12th 2017, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Translation of V5C document

Originally Posted by janeypops53
Hello all,

Am just about to get my V5C form translated for the car we brought over from the UK, and I thought 'there must be one already translated out there that I can use'.
So many people are bringing their cars over and going through to whole process of Italian registration. There MUST be someone who has a copy of their translated V5C document who would be willing to send me a copy (for a reasonable fee????). Anyone???
If my plea is successful, it got me thinking. Why not have a repository of useful translated documents ready for use by others? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance
Why not just translate it with google and maintain the format and then get it stamped at the Tribuniale. Motorizazzione advised me to do that with my licence to save the cost of a translator.
Old May 13th 2017, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen there are LHD cars for sale in the UK at very economic prices. What would be the procedure for buying a LHD car in the Uk and importing it to Italy? And the paperwork costs, import tax involved? How long would it take? Would my costs make it not worth the hassle?

Decent second hand cars here seem to be thin on the ground and ridiculously expensive from dealers compared to the UK. Then there's the "passaggio" which seems extortionate...
Old May 13th 2017, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Because if you translate it with Google it will utter nonsense and probably get you locked up.

can you post a link of what needs to be translated. If I look up V5C I jsust get logbook.
Old May 13th 2017, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeypops53
Hello all,

Thanks in advance
It needs to be translated by an interpreter approved by the tribunale, and stamped and paid for (about 100 eurines). Each logbook contains details unique to that vehicle ergo a 'general' translation no go.
Old May 13th 2017, 9:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna Noble
I've seen there are LHD cars for sale in the UK at very economic prices. What would be the procedure for buying a LHD car in the Uk and importing it to Italy? And the paperwork costs, import tax involved? How long would it take? Would my costs make it not worth the hassle?

Decent second hand cars here seem to be thin on the ground and ridiculously expensive from dealers compared to the UK. Then there's the "passaggio" which seems extortionate...
Your problem might well be finding out whether the sale where the car was bought from had been done in such a way as to be legal for it's registration country, otherwise you just might find problems down the line.
Old May 15th 2017, 6:44 am
Living the Dream

Efes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to allEfes123 is a name known to all

Although this might make driving easier, be aware that if you want to register it in Italy, it will need the odometer to read in KM, and the lights will need adjusting
Old May 15th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Efes123
Although this might make driving easier, be aware that if you want to register it in Italy, it will need the odometer to read in KM, and the lights will need adjusting
Headlights should adjust easiily, rear light cluster will need to be reversed.
You will also need to produce a certificate of conformity, also known as homologation, from the manufacturer of the vehicle, also translated; and best if you can also produce a valid MOT, also translated. You then can take he vehicle to be tested, and hopefully plated. You can go to ACI or an 'Agenzia Automobilistica' who should be able to take care of all above for you, at a cost of course. You should in any case reckon a minimum of about 700-1000 eurines for the whole kaboozle.
Old May 15th 2017, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

janeypops53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies.
I work as an Italian/English/Italian translator, so doing the actual work is no problem. It was just a question of saving a bit of time, that's all.
I realise that the information on the car will be different for each vehicle, but having the V5C headings and standardised stuff, etc translated and ready for completion by the individual owner might be useful, no?
I have been to the local ACI office and, according to them, a local Giudice di Pace will verify the translation free-of-charge, but I'll need €16 bollo for every 4 pages of translation.
I have all the relevant documents (incl. certificate of conformity) and, yes, I bought a LHD car in UK and drove it out here.
ACI have been extremely helpful, and the whole thing is going to be around €800, so bang on with the guess, ononno!

Thanks again
Old May 15th 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
for the whole kaboozle.
Was that the Ford Kaboozle?
Old May 16th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Was that the Ford Kaboozle?

Old May 16th 2017, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Janey - for info, you're not allowed to certify your own translations. Well, at least you're not for wedding certificates (something I've looked into). As the vehicle registration form is for you, you may not be able to have your translation sworn at the tribunale. Personally, I would suggest you translate it anyway and then get a friend to present it at the tribunale.