Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Italy

Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:04 am   #1
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tracing a Relative

Hi, I am trying to trace my Stepmother, Angela Anne Reynolds, who I believe emigrated to Italy quite some years ago. She lived in Rome as a young woman and speaks fluent Italian but I don't know which area she may have settled in, except that she had close friends in the Udine area.

Bit of a long shot but if anybody has any info I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 8:43 am   #2
Sancho 
BE Enthusiast

Sancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant futureSancho has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tracing a Relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Hi, I am trying to trace my Stepmother, Angela Anne Reynolds, who I believe emigrated to Italy quite some years ago. She lived in Rome as a young woman and speaks fluent Italian but I don't know which area she may have settled in, except that she had close friends in the Udine area.

Bit of a long shot but if anybody has any info I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Hi,

I don't know her myself, I'm afraid, but it occurs to me that, if she came to Rome, and lived there for some time, and if it was some time ago, when things were more civilised than now, then the British Embassy may have some record of her. One used to be expected to register with the embassy, which one did because it meant that thereafter one would be invited to the embassy every year to celebrate HM's birthday, and although that doesn't seem to happen so much now (I don't get invited anyway, and if I did I don't know if I'd go. I've heard that nowadays the Queen's Birthday parties are "sponsored" by big business) I think they'll have kept their records, if for no better reason than that it'd be more trouble to destroy them than just to leave them. Perhaps somebody here knows someone who can look for you.

Last edited by Sancho; Nov 10th 2017 at 8:47 am.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 10:34 am   #3
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Hi,

I don't know her myself, I'm afraid, but it occurs to me that, if she came to Rome, and lived there for some time, and if it was some time ago, when things were more civilised than now, then the British Embassy may have some record of her. One used to be expected to register with the embassy, which one did because it meant that thereafter one would be invited to the embassy every year to celebrate HM's birthday, and although that doesn't seem to happen so much now (I don't get invited anyway, and if I did I don't know if I'd go. I've heard that nowadays the Queen's Birthday parties are "sponsored" by big business) I think they'll have kept their records, if for no better reason than that it'd be more trouble to destroy them than just to leave them. Perhaps somebody here knows someone who can look for you.
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:51 am   #4
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

heres a long shot. Look up casa angela B&B in Udine - Angela is obvioulsy mother tongue english and has perfect italian. You can always drop a line, you never know.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 12:18 pm   #5
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by modicasa View Post
heres a long shot. Look up casa angela B&B in Udine - Angela is obvioulsy mother tongue english and has perfect italian. You can always drop a line, you never know.
Gosh, that has to be a hot possibility! I can well imagine Angela running a B&B. I shall check it out! Many, many thanks!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 1:20 pm   #6
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Gosh, that has to be a hot possibility! I can well imagine Angela running a B&B. I shall check it out! Many, many thanks!
Chi siamo - B&B Udine Casa Angela

Does this help in any way? Angela's nephew now runs the B & B.
Partially discharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 2:29 pm   #7
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partially discharged View Post
Chi siamo - B&B Udine Casa Angela

Does this help in any way? Angela's nephew now runs the B & B.
Again, very many thanks. I am not aware of any nephews - but who knows? Looking at the photos & reviews this establishment certainly appears to be very much her style! Right now I am drafting an email (very carefully!) to establish contact.

Wow, this forum is good!

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Italy