British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Telecomitalia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/telecomitalia-903837/)

Seldomseenkid Sep 26th 2017 9:53 am

Telecomitalia

I pay my phone and internet by direct debit monthly and it used to be taken on the eighth of every month and then they took nothing at the beginning of August and what looks like two months at the end. Is this something that is happening to other users? Looks like they want me to pay in advance all of a sudden. Telecomitalia is not cheap so it may be time to move on I think, any suggestions for other providers? I have unlimited at the moment as I use it for business etc.

Caprihana Sep 26th 2017 11:16 am

Re: Telecomitalia

We've had the same thing. They didn't take anything in July but then took two payments in August. We're waiting for fibre and want to change to a business tariff but it's a long and S L O W process.

Geordieborn Sep 26th 2017 2:51 pm

They notified me on one of my bills months ago that they were going over to 8 week billing. Can't recall the exact details and hve not checked if it is now in advance, but think not. Will look to dig the bills out and check. I did look at it at the time and noted they were telling me the slight increase (!) in charge would be almost wiped out by their not charging as much to send bills out monthly?

Margaret M Sep 26th 2017 4:09 pm

We were originally charged every 2 months, then it went to every month, and now it appears to be back to every 2 months - very strange.

37100 Sep 26th 2017 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret M (Post 12347172)
We were originally charged every 2 months, then it went to every month, and now it appears to be back to every 2 months - very strange.

It's every eight weeks now meaning that we now have to pay for an extra 4 weeks a year. There is an on going court case for change from monthly to four weeks. All the mobile phone companies and Sky do it know.

PSG2014 Sep 27th 2017 3:23 am

This crowd drive me up the wall, I also pay by Direct Debit, I'd like to change from this or probably better still cancel the lot. I do not know how to do either !

I am now using 'tutto voce', no idea where that came from..

awful organisation.

PSG

GeorgeYoung Sep 27th 2017 7:13 am

I just noticed a huge boletta go out of my account from Tim and checked the bills to discover the same thing: only 2 payments since April but both large. Given the price, I think I'll have to change but as I use it for my work I'm loathe to risk changing and going without internet for any period.

Has anyone swapped provider? How have you found the process?

37100 Sep 27th 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by PSG2014 (Post 12347599)
I am now using 'tutto voce', no idea where that came from.

PSG

They swapped bills over to 'all inclusive' a couple of years ago. If you wanted to remain with your old contract you had to notify them.

PSG2014 Sep 27th 2017 8:06 am

Blimey, thanks 37100. I must have blinked !

PSG

ononno Sep 27th 2017 8:39 am

Thanks for drawing my attention to all this. Just checked a bill that came in yesterday, scadenza 27/09. Covers the period 24/06 to 18/08, so 8 weeks.
Includes 18 eurines RAI TV. Have to say that the I'm well satisfied with Telecom/Tm because I have an historic offer called Tutto,@ 32 eurines per 28 days, which gives me far more Internet time and space on both laptop, tablet, and mobile, than I am ever likely to use nowadays.
take care everybody.

37100 Sep 27th 2017 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 12347746)
Thanks for drawing my attention to all this. Just checked a bill that came in yesterday, scadenza 27/09. Covers the period 24/06 to 18/08, so 8 weeks.
Includes 18 eurines RAI TV. Have to say that the I'm well satisfied with Telecom/Tm because I have an historic offer called Tutto,@ 32 eurines per 28 days, which gives me far more Internet time and space on both laptop, tablet, and mobile, than I am ever likely to use nowadays.
take care everybody.

Onnono, what do you mean '€18 Rai tv'? I thought that was on our leccy bills. They've mucked mine up by putting it on the bill of our old residency -we still have the place-. I'm slightly nervous about telling them their errror.:eek:

Geordieborn Sep 27th 2017 8:52 am

A couple of years back I took note of a post on another forum where someone was saying they had went over to Vodafone from TIM (was Telecom). They simply called in to a Vodafone shop and signed up for them to take over the service and deal totally with the cancellation of their TIM contract. Unfortunately I don’t think it all went as planned with them or another on the forum, but perhaps things have improved since then. We know a number of people who have terminated their contract with TIM in the last few years and only one of them did so without a lot of bother. One of their main come back was where you have a handset rented, most of the people did not even know they were paying for rental of one, nor did they have the handset. TIM were insisting it had to be returned. The forms for this are here on the TIM site. You can find out if you have a handset rental by having a look at your bill, information about this is on the TIM site here.

ononno Sep 28th 2017 9:40 am

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 12347749)
Onnono, what do you mean '€18 Rai tv'? I thought that was on our leccy bills. They've mucked mine up by putting it on the bill of our old residency -we still have the place-. I'm slightly nervous about telling them their errror.:eek:

;)Sorry, you are quite right. Life is just a long procession of specsavers and senior moments right now.:lol: