Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:11 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Morning all, hope some of you don't have a lot to do today .........

ATTO DI CESSIONE QUOTE SOCIALI

I know it's a deed of sale of shares .... is there a better title for this?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:49 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

share certificate?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Looking at Proz, "deed of transfer" seems to be more common for "atto di cessione", while for "quote sociali" I'm sure "shares" is right but I also see "capital shares" if you want to be more verbose.

PS to GMike: I don't think share certificate is right in this case.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Looking at Proz, "deed of transfer" seems to be more common for "atto di cessione", while for "quote sociali" I'm sure "shares" is right but I also see "capital shares" if you want to be more verbose.

PS to GMike: I don't think share certificate is right in this case.
no nor did I hence the question mark, deed of transfer sounds spot on
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:01 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
no nor did I hence the question mark, deed of transfer sounds spot on
Cheers guys. Nice to be able to count on your input and knowledge. I'm at the point now where all words are scrambled in my brain. I've also fried 8 annoying flies, drunk 5 cups of tea and eaten one precious Cadbury's Flake.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:07 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Cheers guys. Nice to be able to count on your input and knowledge. I'm at the point now where all words are scrambled in my brain. I've also fried 8 annoying flies, drunk 5 cups of tea and eaten one precious Cadbury's Flake.
only 2 cafe normale, no flies and no flake

If there is one thing worse than translating bollox, it is correcting something that has been poorly translated by some one else
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
only 2 cafe normale, no flies and no flake

If there is one thing worse than translating bollox, it is correcting something that has been poorly translated by some one else
Bloody flies here are driving me mad. It's getting cooler so they all seem to be in my house. I have one of those horrible sticky tape things hanging from the ceiling in the lounge and an electronic fly swatter that zaps and fries them.
They sticky tape looks gruesome with a few flies stuck on it, but it's organic and means I'm not suffocating myself or the kids with chemical sprays.

You're right about bollocksy translations !
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:26 am

Good grief! I have just seen the name of one of the notaio at the bottom of one of the documents.

He's called Felice Sordo. I can think of a million names that work better with Sordo.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Good grief! I have just seen the name of one of the notaio at the bottom of one of the documents.

He's called Felice Sordo. I can think of a million names that work better with Sordo.
Happy deaf? Well, if I had people talking crap all round me I might well be happy to be deaf!
Old Oct 16th 2013, 8:39 am
Dunroaming back in UK

help - I have just been asked to explain the difference between capability and capacity to an Italian and am struggling - any bright ideas?
Old Oct 16th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Capacità inteso come un abilità intelletuale o fisico = capabilty
Capacità inteso come una misura matematico solitamente applicato ai liquidi ( volume ) o sistemi ( byte , BIT etc ) = capacity

helps ?
Old Oct 16th 2013, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Capacità inteso come una misura matematico solitamente applicato ai liquidi ( volume ) o sistemi ( byte , BIT etc ) = capacity

helps ?
Yes but we also have "mental capacity" and the "capacity to do something".

Grammatically, only 'capability' can be used as an adjective (capable of) but 'capacity' can't.

I found this:

What is the difference between Capacity and Capability?
• Capacity is the ability that exists at present and capability refers to the higher level of ability that an individual can achieve or improve to
• Capacity is the ability to hold, accommodate, or receive as in the capacity of a container or a bottle.
• If a person is said to be capable of learning many languages, it talks of his potential to learn the languages

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...#ixzz2hsCcHt4e
Old Oct 16th 2013, 8:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA

helps ?
oh yes - thanks muchly
Old Oct 16th 2013, 8:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Yes but we also have "mental capacity" and the "capacity to do something".

Grammatically, only 'capability' can be used as an adjective (capable of) but 'capacity' can't.

I found this:

What is the difference between Capacity and Capability?
• Capacity is the ability that exists at present and capability refers to the higher level of ability that an individual can achieve or improve to
• Capacity is the ability to hold, accommodate, or receive as in the capacity of a container or a bottle.
• If a person is said to be capable of learning many languages, it talks of his potential to learn the languages

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...#ixzz2hsCcHt4e
good points thanks Mark
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

DD had an Italian test at school and only got level 5 this time. She made some grammatical errors in her tema, but was absolutely horrified at the wrong word choice she made.
She wrote: "Ci sono tanti preservativi nel cibo fast food", wanting to say " there are a lot of preservatives in fast food".

She had forgotten the false pair preservative=conservanti, much to the amusement of her Italian teacher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.