Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Old May 15th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
carie is the word for the cavity.

otturazione is the word for a filling.
Thanks Lorna
Old May 15th 2009, 8:02 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Thanks Lorna
You're welcome.

Don't forget to take your cheque book or bancomat with you to the dentist
Old May 15th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You're welcome.

Don't forget to take your cheque book or bancomat with you to the dentist
Oh yes we have already discovered this with the kids..... we did get all of theirs sorted back in the autumn .... hence the fact that I hadn't quite got round to (saved up!!) going myself.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

I think it's cheaper getting Ryan air and flying back to the UK and get teeth done....Mined you if you have false teeth you could always post them
Old May 15th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

barb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
I think it's cheaper getting Ryan air and flying back to the UK and get teeth done....Mined you if you have false teeth you could always post them
Don't take it for granted Paddy Air are cheaper, last time I flew I looked around and went with BA, the flight was 1/2 empty (you could breathe), you get bigger allowance, almost double, you can check in online, no rugby scrum to check on, and you get snack included. BA gets my vote everytime.

A JOKE

Airline pilot walks into a bar, sees a stewardess but doesn't recognise the airline. He thinks he quote some airline slogans to see her reaction.

"worlds favourite airline" he says , nothing

"spirit of australia" again nothing.

The stewardess has had enough so turns around and says

"why don't you piss off you irritating little man!"

"Oh Ryannair" says the pilot and walks off!!!!

Thank you, I'm here all week!
Old May 15th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

you have some experience Barb... have you ever tried travelling with kids with Ryan Scare?? Honestly they can barely contain their hostility!! I definately prefer BA plus it goes to Gatwick which is nearer to home for us plus I don't have to suffer sending 9yr old on ahead to race and dodge up the steps of an aircraft so me and kids can sit together!! PLUS I don't keep lining the pockets of some smug irish git who makes me rant at the television everytime I see his self satisfied little face!!
Old May 17th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

you have some experience Barb... have you ever tried travelling with kids with Ryan Scare?? Honestly they can barely contain their hostility!! I definately prefer BA plus it goes to Gatwick which is nearer to home for us plus I don't have to suffer sending 9yr old on ahead to race and dodge up the steps of an aircraft so me and kids can sit together!! PLUS I don't keep lining the pockets of some smug irish git who makes me rant at the television everytime I see his self satisfied little face!!
I have used paddy air for taking school trips, 20 kids plus, before they started charigng for boarding 1st, not a problem, as they would let groups with kids board 1st, afrter wards it was nightmare because we would have kids sitting all over the plane and next to god knows who! They were totally unmovable and made the kids sit all over the plane, un supervised!

I really think there slogan should be
"we only want business travellers!"
Old May 17th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by barb14
I have used paddy air for taking school trips, 20 kids plus, before they started charigng for boarding 1st, not a problem, as they would let groups with kids board 1st, afrter wards it was nightmare because we would have kids sitting all over the plane and next to god knows who! They were totally unmovable and made the kids sit all over the plane, un supervised!

I really think there slogan should be
"we only want business travellers!"
My god!! you are braver than me I will give you that!! It was never a prob from stansted til they brought in the charging for boarding 1st as you say, but this end at Turin you had to get on the bus out to the plane so you got on the bus first but not the plane!! I did it once about 6yrs ago heavily pregnant with a three year old and as you say people were completely unmoveable. I am not proud of it but a tantrum in the aisle helped
Old May 17th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

My god!! you are braver than me I will give you that!! It was never a prob from stansted til they brought in the charging for boarding 1st as you say, but this end at Turin you had to get on the bus out to the plane so you got on the bus first but not the plane!! I did it once about 6yrs ago heavily pregnant with a three year old and as you say people were completely unmoveable. I am not proud of it but a tantrum in the aisle helped
so it was you was it!

next time I see a pregnant woamn throwing a paddy I will trample her underfoot, along with the small children and old ladies

(joking)
Old May 17th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

you know i did the ryan scare flight last september and it was a 3hr delay and do you know who was throwing the most tantrums??!! Men in suits whom really should have known better.... my kids behaved amazingly (for once!!)
Old May 17th 2009, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

you know i did the ryan scare flight last september and it was a 3hr delay and do you know who was throwing the most tantrums??!! Men in suits whom really should have known better.... my kids behaved amazingly (for once!!)
wasn't me, never wear a suit!!!
Old May 17th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barb14
wasn't me, never wear a suit!!!
always find full american football gear the clothing of choice for ryan air, and the false piercings to scare any old ladies and children to get a seat!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:19 am
Lingua21

Originally Posted by pansy
Just been watching Allo Allo we have the series, Captain Alberto bertorelli was on thats a lot like my Italian and I have Had lessons. LOL
I remember when one of the characters went up to him and was amazed at all his shiny medals and asked something like:

'Where did you get all of those wonderful medals from then?'

To which the captain responded:

'I gotta this one from a service in a Grecia'.

'And this one in da middle I gotta from a service in a Etiopia'

'But this really big one ere, is a very special one. I got this one from a service in a FIAT'.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.....

By the way my Italian wife assures me that FIAT stands for 'Fix it again Toni!!', and I am not one to argue.

Last edited by Lingua21; Jun 16th 2009 at 9:21 am.

Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can i pick your brains?? My ou exam is done after roasting on the train to Milan and back!! and I may even have a degree sometime soon. Anyway, I was thinking that for the summer I really need to concentrate on me italian. Anyone got any good either online courses or books for intermediate learners?? I am a bit past ordering stuff in the cafe (on a good day) but feel like I've kinda plateaued. any suggestions??
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:15 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the worst/most embarrassing mistake you've made. Mine, or least the one I'm admitting to, was caused by OH when we were first married. He wanted some drawing pins. So I asked him what they were called -piattole- and off I went. I asked for them and everyone fell about laughing (the town we lived in was only very small then and everyone knew me or knew of me). As is usual here, my OH and his family always speak in the local dialect and yes, piattole is the piemontese word for drawing-pins but when used in Italian, it means pubic crabs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.