Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:04 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Perhaps Italy is finally getting bit more modern.
From what I've heard, sex ed in the past has been nothing or just simple human biography and nothing about contraception etc.
I hope the withdrawl method isn't still advocated as a form of contraception.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 12:37 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
From what I've heard, sex ed in the past has been nothing or just simple human biography and nothing about contraception etc.
Of course not!!!! Abstinence.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

To tell you the truth the teacher stated that she would be back before the end of the year with a cucumber and a condom ! However only 15 of the 25 students attended yesterday afternoon
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Indeed, when I attended school there in the 1980's and early 90's, there was no sex education and no mention of contraception at all.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:52 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
Indeed, when I attended school there in the 1980's and early 90's, there was no sex education and no mention of contraception at all.
That's not surprising.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 7:58 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
Probably explains why Italy has one of the lowest birth rates in Europe.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

After practically putting my daughter's whole class off Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde* for life, with her dreary teaching and cringeworthy pronunciation, the "English" "teacher" has now started on George Orwell ..... heaven help us.

*she made them watch The Picture of Dorian Gray - 1945 b/w film - dubbed in Italian....
Old Mar 16th 2012, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was a dinner with MIL ( a rare event best avoided ) and BIL announced that the best thing in the world would be a return to traditional teaching methods / subjects and CORPORAL PUNISHMENT - afterall it never did him any harm . I did not point out that he left school at 14 , has always worked in the family business , lives with his mother at 46 and is technophobic/ zenophobic / homophobic .... I just poured myself another glass of wine ..
Old Mar 16th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Last night I was a dinner with MIL ( a rare event best avoided ) and BIL announced that the best thing in the world would be a return to traditional teaching methods / subjects and CORPORAL PUNISHMENT - afterall it never did him any harm . I did not point out that he left school at 14 , has always worked in the family business , lives with his mother at 46 and is technophobic/ zenophobic / homophobic .... I just poured myself another glass of wine ..
Old Mar 16th 2012, 9:07 am

Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:36 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you sister. I'm stuck where I don't want to be at the mo and my cup is well and truely full.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

The woman is clearly illiterate and stupid with it .. tell her about online dictionaries and wiki..

Truck From Wikipedia,
A truck (North American, Irish and Australian English) or lorry (British and Commonwealth English) is a motor vehicle designed to transport cargo

meanwhile my daughters class got two hours ' sex education ' yesterday including contraception / unwanted pregnancy and the fact that the local council has a special clinic for teenagers ... do you thing it was the fact that I put that silly answer in the test that about a 1/4 of the class had to taake ?
Well done, hadenough!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:39 pm

Chloe got her first ever insufficiente and burst into tears in the classroom.

It was on a history test. The teacher gave her a hug and told her that she's not worried about Chloe's progress and perhaps she was having an off day and she can make up the marks if she does better on the next tests.

It's not Chloe's favourite subject and I think she was worried that I'd shout at her ..... so I didn't.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 2:52 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Poor girl but it's a good reaction. Hopefully it'll make her more determined to do better.

Incidently, does history get harder every year?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by duffer
Poor girl but it's a good reaction. Hopefully it'll make her more determined to do better.

Incidently, does history get harder every year?
Is that a trick question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.