Just Joined

LUISA COTUGNO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: schools in the lucca area

hi liberty, i should be able to make it tomorrow, hope to see you then, luisa
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

tuscanliberty is an unknown quantity at this point

we are meeting at 10 by the kitchen shop just outside the amphitheatre walls. my mob is ********** would be handy to have yours in case something happens
xx Liberty

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Nov 4th 2009 at 5:33 am. Reason: removed personal mobile number.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LUISA COTUGNO
hi liberty, i should be able to make it tomorrow, hope to see you then, luisa
Luisa have you heard of 'Tiddlywinks'. They are an English speaking playroup meeting in Lucca 2 and sometimes 3 times a week. Tuesdays from 4 til 6 is for slightly old children (4/5/6) and thursday mornings 10 - 12 for babies.
I went two weeks ago and plan to go again this thursday and then the following tuesday with Perry (5yrs). If you are interested contact zara at www.saperi.nettiddlywinks

re the school,still looking for a spot. We are thinking about homeschooling in the short term and having regular weekly meet ups with other like minded families until it gets going probably in the Lucca area initially. What do you think?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

LUISA COTUGNO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tuscanliberty
Luisa have you heard of 'Tiddlywinks'. They are an English speaking playroup meeting in Lucca 2 and sometimes 3 times a week. Tuesdays from 4 til 6 is for slightly old children (4/5/6) and thursday mornings 10 - 12 for babies.
I went two weeks ago and plan to go again this thursday and then the following tuesday with Perry (5yrs). If you are interested contact zara at www.saperi.nettiddlywinks

re the school,still looking for a spot. We are thinking about homeschooling in the short term and having regular weekly meet ups with other like minded families until it gets going probably in the Lucca area initially. What do you think?
hi liberty, no luck then so far for the school? i'll gladly participate in any regular meet ups in lucca area or help organize activities. went to tiddliwinks when it first started, even donated a few toys and colouring stuff but haven't been back since , maybe we'll give it another try one tuesday afternoon. won't be able to come next week as it's harry's 3rd birthday, maybe the one after. i guess i'll have to resign myself to florence or pisa then at least for next year as he's been at home with me all this time and he really needs a social structure and other kids.....and i need a break!!!! and i need to work!!!!! oh well, the idea of a school for him in lucca this year cheered me up for a while! don't give up!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

alfagirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: schools in the lucca area

Hi there,

I am thinking of moving to Lucca in the next year and am really intrested in a International School for my duaghter who is 7 years old, could you give me more details about the school.

I am also curranlty a teacher asssistant at a British International School in Belgrade and would also be intrested if you are looking for any teachers?

Best,
Paola
Old May 19th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

C OCallaghan is an unknown quantity at this point

Please could someone help me? I have a house in Pieve Fosciana which is in Garfagnana and hope to be moving out with my daughter (currently 8) within the next 2 years. As a teacher I am concerned about her education and would love for her to attend an international school. Reading through the thread messages, it seems that an international school may have opened in Lucca. Is this so? Please send me contact details if so.
Alternatively, I would be interested in dancing or performing arts schools, if there is such a thing in this area of Italy.

I would also be interested in working as a teacher at an International school. I am currently a deputy headteacher in Essex and speak French and Italian, though not fluently. I am 48 years of age.
Old May 19th 2010, 3:02 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C OCallaghan
Please could someone help me? I have a house in Pieve Fosciana which is in Garfagnana and hope to be moving out with my daughter (currently 8) within the next 2 years. As a teacher I am concerned about her education and would love for her to attend an international school. Reading through the thread messages, it seems that an international school may have opened in Lucca. Is this so? Please send me contact details if so.
Alternatively, I would be interested in dancing or performing arts schools, if there is such a thing in this area of Italy.

I would also be interested in working as a teacher at an International school. I am currently a deputy headteacher in Essex and speak French and Italian, though not fluently. I am 48 years of age.
Oh dear! Dance or performing arts at 10? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't come very high on the list of priorities for schools here. Don't know anything about the area you're moving to, others live there
and might know, but here in Verona there is nothing. If you are a promising dancer you can apply for La Scala school, but that's about it.
Old May 21st 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

C OCallaghan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank-you for your reply. However, I see that there were a few people chatting on this thread a couple of years ago about home schooling or the possibility of an International School opening in Lucca. Could anyone let me know how this ended? Is there a school in Lucca teaching the English curriculum? Or, alternatively would anyone consider the possibility of a small group of primary children being tutored by myself? We would need to look at the logistics of it but it is a suggestion anyway.
I am currently a deputy head teacher in a Catholic school in Maldon, Essex. I am 48 years of age and have just qualified to become a Headteacher (NPQH) although this is not a career move I wish to make at the moment.
My daughter's education is of great importance to me and I am sure that she would need learning support with the curriculum whilst learning a new language too. I don't think she will be given that support in the italian education system and like-minded parents in the Lucca area may have already resolved the issue.
Please contact me with information.

Carol-Anne O'Callaghan
Old May 25th 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Charlotte T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carol-Anne,

I live in Bagni di Lucca (just outside the Garfagnana) and have two children aged 5 and 3. They are currently in an Italian 'asilo' which happens to be fantastic, however, I too am concerned about my children going through the Italian school system as it seems so different to the British one.

I and several other 'international' families in the area are very interested in alternatives to the Italian system - including an international school in Lucca, more local satellites to such a school or home schooling.

Have you been in contact with Liberty Bishop? She is trying to set up an international school in Lucca which sounds like just the sort of thing I would like for my children.

I am sure that there are dance and acting schools in the area, although most of them seem to be in addition to regular school as opposed to giving a general education themselves. You can look up what's on offer in your local Pagine Gialle and almost certainly online.

How are plans to move over here going?

Charlotte
Old May 28th 2010, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

harley3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Quite an interesting thread.
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Barga depending on the job front for my OH ( he is a chef ), and the oppourtunity of an International school sounds very appealing. My daughter is coming up for 2 years old and whilst we attend a Spazio Gioco twice a week it helps with her Italian, and after reading many threads schooling is a concern in Italy. I am not a qualified teacher, however, when the school commences and when my OH finds work and we move down I would be more than willing to offer any support.
Good luck with finding the premises.
Old May 28th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Charlotte T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Harley,

There are several of us interested in a possible satellite to a Lucca international school in the Gafagnana/Bagni di Lucca/Val di Serchio/Val di Lima area.

I live up in Montefegatesi, 850m up in the mountains and about 20mins from Bagni di Lucca - to get to Lucca by car we would need an hour each way and for the time being it seems just a little too far to go for school. Having said that, we will still consider it if the alternatives are not viable as far as we're concerned.

Liberty is meeting up with people interested in an international school this Saturday (29th May) at 5pm in the Piazza Napoleone, outside the gelateria Il Pinguino. I'm sure she'd be pleased to have as many people as possible.
Old May 29th 2010, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Marcelien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: exact time meeting int school lucca may 29

Hi,

Considering the plans starting an international school in Lucca, does anyone know the exact time of the meeting today ? sorry quick message have to run of to soccer, i am overlooking the options maybe move to Lucca with my six year old son ( Italian Partner ) an int national school would make a lot of difference ! Thanks
Old May 29th 2010, 6:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It's says 5pm in the post.
Old May 29th 2010, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
It's says 5pm in the post.
Yes, just to confirm we are meeting at 5pm Piazza Napoleone outside gelateria Il Penguino. Look forward to seeing you there.
Old May 29th 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

harley3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Morning All,

Apologies will not be able to attend meeting today, as still living in the North of Italy, however, very interested to hear the outcome. Enjoy the chat and coffee. By the way, does any one know of a hotel/restaurant in Lucca area looking for chefs ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.