Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

School fails to help with Italian

School fails to help with Italian

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: School fails to help with Italian

In Trentino, some of the schools have lessons which are taught in the English language, by which I mean students learn subjects such as economics or geography from an English-speaking tutor. I think this programme is called CLIL. I don't know how widespread this approach is but it would give your son an advantage in some lessons.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:11 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I heard about another school starting to do maths and chemistry lessons in English, but for the life of me I can't remember where.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It was a famous piece of Gelmini law under the last Berlo govt - that schools must offer some subjects to maturita in English. South of Rome nobody does it, and I suspect its cìfalling by the wayside. They cant even teach in Italian let alone English, seeing that theyre stuck with syllabus' from the 1950s
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

It's controversial here because the docenti don't have to be qualified teachers or on the normal graduatoria. A handy way in for non-native Italians though.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

JoshinItaly is an unknown quantity at this point

.istruzione.it/allegati/2014/linee_guida_integrazione_alunni_stranieri.pdf. Maybe someone is intrested. Thank you guys
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JoshinItaly
.istruzione.it/allegati/2014/linee_guida_integrazione_alunni_stranieri.pdf. Maybe someone is intrested. Thank you guys
It doesn't open, for me anyway. Should it be ? -

http://www.istruzione.it/allegati/20..._stranieri.pdf
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

JoshinItaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes .� ����� ����