Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

S1 form for Residency

S1 form for Residency

Old May 6th 2011, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1 form for Residency

Many thanks again for all the help.
PS Capo Boi - Sorry if I seem to be complaining! My main point is that as I have a reasonable income, once I have my partita IVA I will be paying the same high contributions as my Italian colleagues. Certainly I have no intention of taking advantage of the Italian health system but for this first year I must apparently pay three separate health insurance systems - Home - Italy once I have my partita IVA and Private insurance here in Italy.

PS DHR Griffin - Nice to hear about someone in my situation! Where do you have to pay income tax on your UK business? In Italy (country of residence) or back in the UK? Is this a problem?

Last edited by nicktonight; May 6th 2011 at 4:24 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Nick, I've just reread my post and it seems a bit aggressive. Apology. I was just trying to set down where the Italian government is coming from and personally I feel the "rules" are very reasonable and not too onerous. (Others may disagree though). As I said, these should be the "worst case" and at this level could cost you around €1,000 I'm afraid. As people have pointed out, it may be possible to by-pass the private health insurance rules by buying into the healthcare system. Anyway, I wish you the very best of luck.

Last edited by Capo Boi; May 6th 2011 at 7:25 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DHR Griffin
Hi Nick. My family and I are in a similar situation (self employed UK business) and trying to work through this residency/health care situation. Our anagrafe office advised that private health care was not required and that we simply needed to pay for 12 months of ASL (in addition to demonstrating sufficient funds) to be granted our certificato. We have since met with the local ASL and will be paying €370 (which covers myslef, my wife and daughter) to satisfy this requirement. Next stop, the anagrafe office to hopefully close this off. Don't know if this is the correct process, but certainly the cheaper option and the one as instructed by the comune, so fingers crossed!

PM me if you want more detailed info...
Hi DHR Griffin: just been along to my ASL. Voluntary health contributions for myself in Siracuse would be 383 Euros/year but I can't subscribe until I get residency or a Partita IVA!
How did you manage to make voluntary ASL contributions without residency or do you have a work contract here in Italy?
What do self-employed people do?

Thanks Capo Boi for the list of groundrules
Old May 6th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

DHR Griffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nick - our understanding was the same as yours; first residenza, then ASL contribution/access. However, for whatever reason, our anagrafe office insisted that we pay for 12 months of ASL after which they would issue our certificato. Paid for the ASL this morning, so now need to go back to the ASL office to give them our payment receipt, then over to the anagrafe office to hopefully get our papers.

We think because we are self-employed and about to register our business with the Italian authorities (to start paying relevant taxes) the anagrafe office is treating us as if we had local employment contracts - but don't quote me on that...just a feeling.

All that said, I'll let you know how things go next week when we sit with the anagrafe office again.