Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

RSPCA (or similar) in Sicily?

RSPCA (or similar) in Sicily?

Old May 17th 2017, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Josh A1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RSPCA (or similar) in Sicily?

Hi. I live in the province of Agrigento in Sicily. Whilst out walking, I have seen a dog in quite poor condition milling around on someones plot of land. I cannot be sure whether the dog is owned by the owner of the land but it seems so.
If this is the case, the dog is not being treated well. Are there any agencies in Sicily who I can contact to assess the situation and help the animal?

thanks
Old May 17th 2017, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RSPCA (or similar) in Sicily?

The euqivalent of the RSPCA is ENPA (Ente Nazionale Protezione Animali), but I don't know if you can do much for this dog. There are a lot of stray animals in Sicily, that live permanently in the street. You might also be looked upon as an interfering foreigner!
Old May 17th 2017, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Josh A1
Hi. I live in the province of Agrigento in Sicily. Whilst out walking, I have seen a dog in quite poor condition milling around on someones plot of land. I cannot be sure whether the dog is owned by the owner of the land but it seems so.
If this is the case, the dog is not being treated well. Are there any agencies in Sicily who I can contact to assess the situation and help the animal?

thanks
Contact these people - LEGA NAZIONALE PER LA DIFESA DEL CANE
Old May 17th 2017, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

There's an organisation in Agrigento run by a woman who takes in tons of dogs in a terrible state.

I'll go find the link...

I 'think' (ie I'm pretty sure) this is it. Its a facebook group and its called Ass. Animalista Aronne - adozotioni. I think its in Agrigento. They sell their dogs in the north of Italy (as not many people want to buy them after they've been recuperated in Sicily/the South apparently). Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/AssAnimalistaAronneAdozioni/

I found a website: http://www.associazionearonne.it/

I think someone there speaks English but try having a translation just in case. They will look into it or know someone who can.
If you can do please give them a donation - they survive on nothing yet treat and care for some terrible cases.

Last edited by MrsTeapot; May 17th 2017 at 9:15 pm.
Old May 18th 2017, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If the dog is owned but treated badly, call the carabinieri and they will send the appropriate squad.
Old May 18th 2017, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Well, I'm glad others have been able to give more optimistic answers!
Old May 18th 2017, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs are now an important fashion accessory, often treated better than people.
Old May 19th 2017, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I don't think JoshA1 is coming back for any more replies....

I hope you saw my reply Josh.