Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency update

Residency update

Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:40 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency update

Went this morning to my Comune to ask the question so to say regarding the Attestato di Soggiorno Permanente. The lady I found sounded like she knew what she was doing.

I took my expired 5yr Carta di Soggiorno CE, my British passport and a recent payslip. She took photocopies and completed a form called -

Domanda di Rilascio Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente (ai sensi dell'art. 14 del D.Lgs n. 30/2007).

To this I needed to add a Bollo for EUR 14,62 and that was it. She took my number and said they will process it and once it's back from the Questura she will call me to let me know. I will then return to the Comune with the expired CdiS CE, another Bollo for EUR 14,62 and I think my passport. They will stamp the Attestato and that will be it. It will be a valid without expiry.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:48 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Went this morning to my Comune to ask the question so to say regarding the Attestato di Soggiorno Permanente. The lady I found sounded like she knew what she was doing.

I took my expired 5yr Carta di Soggiorno CE, my British passport and a recent payslip. She took photocopies and completed a form called -

Domanda di Rilascio Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente (ai sensi dell'art. 14 del D.Lgs n. 30/2007).

To this I needed to add a Bollo for EUR 14,62 and that was it. She took my number and said they will process it and once it's back from the Questura she will call me to let me know. I will then return to the Comune with the expired CdiS CE, another Bollo for EUR 14,62 and I think my passport. They will stamp the Attestato and that will be it. It will be a valid without expiry.

Yay Hope it goes as smoothly for me when it's my turn but it probably won't as I don't have a payslip anymore.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Yay Hope it goes as smoothly for me when it's my turn but it probably won't as I don't have a payslip anymore.
you might have to (gulp) get married!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:34 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
No, but you've been here 5yrs so fingers crossed, your comune takes a relaxed attitude.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

RomaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Why was it sent to the Questura? I was given mine there and then. Paid my bollo she stamped the paper a few times, asked for an extra 62 cents and stuck on another bollo, and that was that. I didnt have to show a payslip either. I was told that everything was now done via the Comune. Just shows how every comune has their own rules!

I had tried to renew my permesso when they were doing it via the post office and Questura - they then changed the law a few weeks later and I obviously lost out on the money I had paid out. I told the lady at the comune this and she told me to take it up with the Questura!! As if I would ever get the money back! I also thought the new laws meant we didnt need a permesso so i didnt renew mine. I only found out when I went to the comune to register my of change of address (a year after my permesso expired). At this point I had already surrended my permesso with the renewal request at the post office. The circonscritzione just sent me to the office next door where they gave me the Attestato di Soggiorno Permanente on the spot (having sent my boyfriend accross the road to get the bollo). I guess I got lucky!

Last edited by RomaGirl; Feb 10th 2010 at 1:55 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Take it up with the Questura.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

That was my reaction too. Although the lady didn't seem to find it funny.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RomaGirl
That was my reaction too. Although the lady didn't seem to find it funny.
she must be new to the job AND an optimist!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by indiebird
she must be new to the job AND an optimist!
No, just statale.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:32 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RomaGirl
Why was it sent to the Questura? I was given mine there and then. Paid my bollo she stamped the paper a few times, asked for an extra 62 cents and stuck on another bollo, and that was that. I didnt have to show a payslip either. I was told that everything was now done via the Comune. Just shows how every comune has their own rules!

I had tried to renew my permesso when they were doing it via the post office and Questura - they then changed the law a few weeks later and I obviously lost out on the money I had paid out. I told the lady at the comune this and she told me to take it up with the Questura!! As if I would ever get the money back! I also thought the new laws meant we didnt need a permesso so i didnt renew mine. I only found out when I went to the comune to register my of change of address (a year after my permesso expired). At this point I had already surrended my permesso with the renewal request at the post office. The circonscritzione just sent me to the office next door where they gave me the Attestato di Soggiorno Permanente on the spot (having sent my boyfriend accross the road to get the bollo). I guess I got lucky!
It really depends on where you are in the country I suppose.

For example, in Veneto you cannot pay your Bollo Auto online. In some areas, you can check online the status of your application for a Permesso di Soggiorno, etc.

Anyway, I needed to make the request because I have less than 5yrs residency but my CdiS has expired. If I had more than 5 yrs residency and a valid CdiS then I presume they would've given it to me on the spot. It really depends on your individual circumstances.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

I'm impressed with the checking the progress of your permesso on line!

I always pay my Bollo on line and noticed that in some regions you can't. Where is the sense in that! Always thought that was odd!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

I also went to the Comune today to get my Attestato di Soggiorno Permanente (was told I needed it to renew my tessera sanitaria), couldn't have been easier, just had to show my carta d'identità, pay €14,62 directly to sullen face woman behind counter and it was all done!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:28 am
Pull my finger

Do you have 5yrs or more of residency and a current CdiS CE?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm no! I've lived here for 7 years but only became a resident last year, used to have a permesso di soggiorno but that expired and I never renewed it. I've always worked here though so maybe that has something to do with it
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:15 am
Pull my finger

I've just received a call from the Comune to say that mine is ready. They reminded me to bring a bollo for €14,62 and my expired CdiS CE.
There must be a reason why I must pay double the bollo although technically I paid the first bollo for the request and this one will be for the actual Attestato.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.