Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency update

Residency update

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:48 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency update

I handed over my I.D. card at Vr airport this year and the check-in girl asked if I was an Italian citizen.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
I believe with the CA on the bak it says not valid as passaport (not in english...) After 5 years you can get one and use it as a passaport as the back then is blank....Mind you I do live in Cesena
The back should never be blank unless you become an Italian official citizen.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
The back should never be blank unless you become an Italian official citizen.
which is after 5 years? well thats what they said in cesena
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Eh ??? Are they all completely doolally in Cesena ?

You don't just become a citizen after five years here. You have to apply for citizenship at the prefettura and go through all the paperwork and when you eventually get it you have to be sworn in by the Sindaco.

I've been here well over 5 years and I'd be laughed at if I tried to get an Italian passport because I am not an Italian citizen.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:07 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Cesena some sort of independent republic? My I.D. card has a couple of things on the back. They also put the extension stamp there and there's no room left. Maybe that's why the airport asked me is I was Italian. Come to think of it, there are is a blank space inside as well where there shouldn't be.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:49 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

news is my residency is through, my girlfriend made loads of phone calls and the letter of confirmation was posted on 25th of November, so much for the post, I need a 14.62 stamp ,go to the ufficio stranieri and thats that, next its buy a car, for some reason this all seems like wading through treacle getting things done, if anyone knows a decent car dealer near lecce I would be pleased to know
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Eh ??? Are they all completely doolally in Cesena ?

You don't just become a citizen after five years here. You have to apply for citizenship at the prefettura and go through all the paperwork and when you eventually get it you have to be sworn in by the Sindaco.

I've been here well over 5 years and I'd be laughed at if I tried to get an Italian passport because I am not an Italian citizen.
Well i am telling you what the commune said to this guy i went with....he asked what it said on the back and they told him that he could not travel with this doccument BUT after 5 years you will have one that will alow you to. and what do i have to do he said....Nothing she said...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:04 pm

Well i am telling you what the commune said to this guy i went with....he asked what it said on the back and they told him that he could not travel with this doccument BUT after 5 years you will have one that will alow you to. and what do i have to do he said....Nothing she said...
I still maintain the woman in your comune was wrong.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:08 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you didn't just imagine things, Mr Posh?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RIGHT thats it....tomorrow morning I am going to the commune and check for myself....this is what the woman told him.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:27 pm

RIGHT thats it....tomorrow morning I am going to the commune and check for myself....this is what the woman told him.
Ask if she perhaps meant that a person can apply for citizenship after 5 years.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh I always thought it was residency you "used" to be able to apply for after 5 years here on a CdiS as a non-Italian and for non-EU this still applies. Now EU have to be allowed to get residency straight away - which is why all the confusion as they still have all these different levels of living here for everyone else. To become a citizen and get an Italian passport is to be naturalised isn't it? I can't see why a European citizen would want to other than to be able to travel on a different passport/identity card.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Tbh I always thought it was residency you "used" to be able to apply for after 5 years here on a CdiS as a non-Italian and for non-EU this still applies. Now EU have to be allowed to get residency straight away - which is why all the confusion as they still have all these different levels of living here for everyone else. To become a citizen and get an Italian passport is to be naturalised isn't it? I can't see why a European citizen would want to other than to be able to travel on a different passport/identity card.
It never took that long to get residency and there never was a 5 year rule. I got mine within 3 months of coming out here.

I was toying with the idea of applying for Italian citizenship just to be able to chuck the permesso on the fire - but then talks started about it being abolished for EU people so I never bothered. It wan't because I wanted an Italian passport or anything.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:39 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

So I went to the comune last night to renew my carta di soggiorno CE. I waited about 15 minutes and then went to see the lady at the first window. And this how the conversation went, no lie:

Me: 'My carta di soggiorno CE is expiring, I'm a British citizen (I flashed my passport), please can you renew it'
Lady: 'You need to go to the Questura to renew your permesso di soggiorno.'
Me: 'But it's a carta not a permesso...'
Lady: 'Yeah but you need to go to the Questura to get your permesso'
Me: :curse:'Carta!'
Lady: 'Whatever, but we've never issued permessi here. It's always at the Questura. However if you want to speak to the person in charge go to the last window.'
Me:
Me: (at the last window) 'Can you renew my carta di soggiorno CE here?'
Man: 'Of course you can. Go see the lady at the first window.'
Me:
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
So I went to the comune last night to renew my carta di soggiorno CE. I waited about 15 minutes and then went to see the lady at the first window. And this how the conversation went, no lie:

Me: 'My carta di soggiorno CE is expiring, I'm a British citizen (I flashed my passport), please can you renew it'
Lady: 'You need to go to the Questura to renew your permesso di soggiorno.'
Me: 'But it's a carta not a permesso...'
Lady: 'Yeah but you need to go to the Questura to get your permesso'
Me: :curse:'Carta!'
Lady: 'Whatever, but we've never issued permessi here. It's always at the Questura. However if you want to speak to the person in charge go to the last window.'
Me:
Me: (at the last window) 'Can you renew my carta di soggiorno CE here?'
Man: 'Of course you can. Go see the lady at the first window.'
Me:
Love it!!! Did you get it sorted then Duffer??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.