Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency update

Residency update

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of
Default Residency update

Hi All.
I just wanted to thank everybody for the help found on this forum regarding getting residency.
As it happened, it was so easy, I couldnt believe it.
We have moved to a small village called Candida near Avellino. The council were so helpful.
All I had to do was take myself and passport there and sign a decleration that I could support myself.
No need for health insurance and not even a visit from the local policeman...he came to the council to see me and signed the papers.
I guess it just depends where you are moving to and how helpful or not,the council workers want to be.
Now happily setting up our new home and garden.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Residency update

That's brilliant newsxxxxx Well done you!!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:47 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! That always happens when you're fully prepared for any ifs or buts.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:59 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

great news on the residency - but what about health? Did you get an Italian tessera sanitaria ?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

another bloody foreigner in Italy

Congrats durobird Enjoy Italia
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Verona, they give you a receipt then, after about 1 mnth, you receive a letter confirming your successful residency application, even if you've just moved 'round the corner'. Only then can you sign on at the Asl. What do they do in Candida? Just curious.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

I actually havent even thought about the doctor situation yet. I presume if I get ill I either have to pay privately in Italy,or see a UK doctor?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 6:49 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Great Stuff. So much can be so difficult to achieve here.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durobird
I actually havent even thought about the doctor situation yet. I presume if I get ill I either have to pay privately in Italy,or see a UK doctor?
If you are officially resident here then you are technically no longer entitled to health care in the UK, although I don't know whether anyone has tested that. We signed on at the ASL without health insurance and we did get the Tessera Sanitaria, although again I don't think we should have been able to.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret M
If you are officially resident here then you are technically no longer entitled to health care in the UK, although I don't know whether anyone has tested that. We signed on at the ASL without health insurance and we did get the Tessera Sanitaria, although again I don't think we should have been able to.
yes we did too, even though theoretically we shouldn't be able to either.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

So does the Tessera Sanitaria act like the UK European Health Card, so we would be able to us that to get emergency treatment in the UK?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
So does the Tessera Sanitaria act like the UK European Health Card, so we would be able to us that to get emergency treatment in the UK?
yes you can Mrs M.

read the little paragraph in the box on this page ....

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...ges/About.aspx

I showed my Italian plastic card two years ago at A & E in England but the guy at the desk waved it away and said my name was in the computer system - at my mum's address. Don't know why I was under her address though as I've never lived in her new house. I can only think that I gave her address to the doctor's once when I was over there and filled out a temporary resident form.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
yes you can Mrs M.

read the little paragraph in the box on this page ....

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...ges/About.aspx

I showed my Italian plastic card two years ago at A & E in England but the guy at the desk waved it away and said my name was in the computer system - at my mum's address. Don't know why I was under her address though as I've never lived in her new house. I can only think that I gave her address to the doctor's once when I was over there and filled out a temporary resident form.
does this mean that when back in the UK with the kids, if one of us were poorly we could sign on as temp resident and see a doc for free? It is something that worries, especially if it were for a kids illness like mumps or measles and wasn't acute enough to go to A&E for?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by indiebird
does this mean that when back in the UK with the kids, if one of us were poorly we could sign on as temp resident and see a doc for free? It is something that worries, especially if it were for a kids illness like mumps or measles and wasn't acute enough to go to A&E for?
I was at my dad's a few years ago and Chloe got quite poorly. At first it seemed like a rotten cold but got worse.

Dad phoned his doctor - said his granddaughter was there, got Chloe an appointment. I took her in, filled out a temp resident form at the recption desk saying that I/she was at dad's address. The doctor saw her, told me she had a throat and ear infection, gave me a prescription for antibiotics for her and I never paid a penny for anything.

I don't think you have to do anything when you land in the Uk - I never have - just when I needed to.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by indiebird
We just booked an emergency appointment with the doc same as Lorna. Hubby was taken ill several times too and also had a stay in hospital. I offered the hospital our private insurance (came with hubby's job) but they weren't interested. I'm still in the system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.