Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency for children

Residency for children

Old Jul 4th 2017, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

sruggieri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency for children

Hi am sure you have read lot of posts regarding residency and its never straight forward .Me and my family have recently moved to Italy, myself being italian and italian citizen ive applied for residency for me and my family , the problem is my children both have UK passports so does my wife , we have applied to have them changed at the consulate in London months before we've actually moved to Italy , to cut a very long story short the consulate in London haven't registered our documents as yet nor have they registered my marriage , the only way i have been able to get intouch with them is by email if am lucky , calling them on the phone is virtually impossible because nobody can be bothered in answering the phone , my application for italian residency as gone through ok being a italian citizen but the rest of my family is on hold , my question is you think my family can apply for residency under they uk passports until the London consulate pulls they finger out which apparently it's going to take months by the time their sort our documents, love to hear if anyone as been in the same situation and how you went about trying to sort it out
Old Jul 4th 2017, 9:42 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency for children

Originally Posted by sruggieri
Hi am sure you have read lot of posts regarding residency and its never straight forward .Me and my family have recently moved to Italy, myself being italian and italian citizen ive applied for residency for me and my family , the problem is my children both have UK passports so does my wife , we have applied to have them changed at the consulate in London months before we've actually moved to Italy , to cut a very long story short the consulate in London haven't registered our documents as yet nor have they registered my marriage , the only way i have been able to get intouch with them is by email if am lucky , calling them on the phone is virtually impossible because nobody can be bothered in answering the phone , my application for italian residency as gone through ok being a italian citizen but the rest of my family is on hold , my question is you think my family can apply for residency under they uk passports until the London consulate pulls they finger out which apparently it's going to take months by the time their sort our documents, love to hear if anyone as been in the same situation and how you went about trying to sort it out
You've lost me??? ' apply for the passports to be changed'? You children need registering at the Italian consulate or at your local comune. In both case you will need their birth cert translated and notarized.

However, you don't need to do this to register them at your comune. I cant remember what you'll need for the children, but for your wife you'll need your marriage certificate, translated and notarized. Do ask at your comune first though because things can vary from comune to comune.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply , we have tried to register at the commune here in italy believe you me we have tried and very hard to keep your cool, we even had a translator with us , but according to the commune the children need to be registered in the country of their birth , we feel we are stuck between a rock and a hard place
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:39 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sruggieri
Thanks for your reply , we have tried to register at the commune here in italy believe you me we have tried and very hard to keep your cool, we even had a translator with us , but according to the commune the children need to be registered in the country of their birth , we feel we are stuck between a rock and a hard place
If you have already started the procedure at the consulate, then yes, probably all you can do is wait.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Italian consulates are terrible. You are trying to push throughcitizenship through a consulate - to be honest Id start again using the online service, and in the meantime use UK passports.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou for that's what we are intending to do using my wife and childrens uk passport, do you have a link for the online service , very much appreciated☺
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Cittadinanza: invia la tua domanda | Ministero dell‘Interno

You will need to register on the site and then you can start the 55 page application form - one for each person. However, I would sort out your wife's citizenship, then you can do the kids as and when. Its not like they will lose the right. And to get the benefits they have to be resident thats all.