Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Repsol bottled Gas

Repsol bottled Gas

Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:48 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Repsol bottled Gas

Can anyone tell me if Repsol Bottled Gas (Orange cylinders) is available in Italy, specifically Tuscany, many thanks
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:36 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: Repsol bottled Gas

I am guessing by the lack of response that this is not sold in Italy, so will not buy one
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:11 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

More a case of no happy campers, I think.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:41 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to Italian google it for you but kept getting articles from Spain.

However the phone book came up with a long list of companies in Toscana that sell "bombole gas uso domestico" if you want to maybe check some of them out.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Bottled Butano is sold all over Spain, also Portugal, but the Portugeezers have to use a different valve on the bottle, so this may also be a problem in Italy.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:02 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Is the original question 'Is there bottled propane or butane available in Italy'. In UK a blue bottle would be butane and orange Propane (Is that the correct way around) as an ex-caravanner I should know.
If that is the question then bottled gas is available but whether it is butane or propane I'm not sure, bottles come in all sorts of colours. There is also a different connector to any I have encountered before but they are readily available. Hope this helps bearing in mind that butane and propane burn at different temperatures and require different outlets on an appliance. (Having re-read this it actually sounds like I know what I am on about (Rosalindann/Lorna no comments))
Regards Kenny
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:56 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the other question would be "What do you want it to fuel?" Gas bottles are used for all sorts of purposes here - tell us which use you are looking at and that will probably get more responses!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:52 pm
Rizlared

Thanks for the responses.

Okay in reply to the questions, I will be shortly leaving the uk and driving to Italy, I will be mainly based in the Pisa region as I have the chance of work there, I have an Italian camper van (RIMOR) which uses gas for the cooker, fridge, heater and hot water boiler, all are regulated at 30 ??? PSI maybe, anyway I was told to get a 30 bar regulator which I have done.
I then purchased a calor gas bottle and everything is now working, however, I have now been told that calor is not available in Italy, so when I saw a repsol bottle on Ebay I started to bid for it, but my bid was beaten.

So my question now is :- how much would a 7 kilo bottle of butane gas cost and what regulator should I buy? Bearing in mind that I do not have an exchange bottle.

Many thanks in anticipation

Last edited by kevray; Mar 3rd 2009 at 6:58 pm. Reason: typo's and addition
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm being disingenuous here - after all this is Italy - but if the camper van is Italian, surely that means you must be able to get the gas you need here? Or is that just too simple??
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:52 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Is the original question 'Is there bottled propane or butane available in Italy'. In UK a blue bottle would be butane and orange Propane (Is that the correct way around) as an ex-caravanner I should know.
If that is the question then bottled gas is available but whether it is butane or propane I'm not sure, bottles come in all sorts of colours. There is also a different connector to any I have encountered before but they are readily available. Hope this helps bearing in mind that butane and propane burn at different temperatures and require different outlets on an appliance. (Having re-read this it actually sounds like I know what I am on about (Rosalindann/Lorna no comments))
Regards Kenny
What? Us? Comment?...Never.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:18 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Kevray, you certainly won't get Calor here, not that I have seen anyway but you can get either butane or propane from all over the place. The connector on the bottle is definately different from any calor connector but again they are readily available. Is 7 Kg the little bottle?, again not seen many of them around they all seem to be the 13Kg bottle or bigger. I think we paid €40 for one (13Kg) which includes the returnable deposit, it costs €15 to replace an empty one for a full one (I think) (About the same as UK).
Hope this helps
Kenny
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:19 pm
Rizlared

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Maybe I'm being disingenuous here - after all this is Italy - but if the camper van is Italian, surely that means you must be able to get the gas you need here? Or is that just too simple??
No worries

The van is a 1995 one, made by Rimor in Tuscany I believe, the gas system was replaced at some time and has calor gas fittings now, I was hoping to buy a cheap gas bottle here on ebay and then exchange for a full one on arrival in Pisa, just me trying to save pennies, what started out as a cheapish venture is slowly mounting up as I have now spent nearly 1k pounds just renovating and sorting out the van, but I did buy it very cheaply.

I made the classic mistake in thinking that selling all my furniture etc would easily cover these costs, off course now I realise that I will only get around 500 for the lot not the 1000 I had assumed.

I do however, offer my grateful thanks to you all for the replies.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

KEvray - the poke wasn't at you - it was at me believing that just because something was Italian you would be able to get the right stuff for it here - not something that should ever be assumed about Italy unfortunately!