Renzi watch

Old Jul 5th 2014, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renzi watch

Hi, I think the European overlords, and people who move in the shadows decided to give a helping hand to oust Berlo.

Following the letter of the law Mussolini was constitutionally elected, as the King invited him to form a government, but only to due 250.000 marchers, strikes, and blackshirts going round kickcing the sh?t out of the opposition. Hardly constitutional - more of being scared there would be a civil war.

I think it is a bit tenous to compare Berlo's going with Mussolinis - Mussolini was sacked, plain and simple. The King since there was one, retook his constitutional right to appoint PM's. Berlo resigned, under pressure yes, but he resigned because he knew he was powerless to stop the rise of the Spread, the all the rest of Europe calling for him to go.

Last edited by modicasa; Jul 5th 2014 at 7:25 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Hi, I think the European overlords, and people who move in the shadows decided to give a helping hand to oust Berlo.

OK - thanks - I thought maybe you were referring to the opposition that began to muster in parliament to help Monti's unelected bunch take up their positions.

Best we agree to differ on Mussolini and the parallels with Berlu for the sake of other forumites I think but am perfectly willing to discuss via PMs or whatever.

all the best
Old Jul 17th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

He is a pioneer. One day all native English speakers will speak like him. Renzie!
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gioppino
He is a pioneer. One day all native English speakers will speak like him. Renzie!
I know that a lot of Renzi supporters even defend him for this speech done in English .. the above is a massive send-up but you can find the whole thing on youtube and so on.

His English is pretty bad but then so is the general level.

I suppose he was quite brave just to go out and speak English whatever anybody else thinks .. usually it's "Oh I'm not going to speak English because I can't do it perfectly..".

I'm not sure which is best/worst.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I know that a lot of Renzi supporters even defend him for this speech done in English .. the above is a massive send-up but you can find the whole thing on youtube and so on.

His English is pretty bad but then so is the general level.

I suppose he was quite brave just to go out and speak English whatever anybody else thinks .. usually it's "Oh I'm not going to speak English because I can't do it perfectly..".

I'm not sure which is best/worst.
The arrogance of someone who thinks his English is understandable?
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:02 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Sounds like my efforts at Italian
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
Some call it arrogance, some call it courage.

I call it ignorance!
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Some call it arrogance, some call it courage.

I call it ignorance!
I do my best.............................
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:18 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Sounds like my efforts at Italian
That bad!
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Seems that at worst he could be accused of having a slightly inflated view of his abilities in this area but in truth it strikes me as a grand irrelevance. He's the Italian prime minister and under no obligation to speak english. In any negotiations he is of course going to have teams of translators. I'd be more interested in whether he is just waffling in any language or will manage to do anything.

And I really wish Italians would use less English words in public discourse (a few fine of course as languages need to live) - watching the news it can be really distracting to hear the crashing of verbal gears as some politico or presenter changes into English with what they imagine is an appropriate English accent, then back to the Italian.

A lot of the words seem to be marketing related which I fear just tends to give the impression that the speaker is mouthing the latest buzz phrases. My main worry is that as I tap this in Renzi is scouring Blair's collected works for suitable buzz phrases. Oh the horror.

I do get the impression by the by that the shine is coming of Renzi for many watchers.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I do my best.............................
Hah! I meant Mr "I'm Mr big Prime Minister and I'm Going to Put Everything Right" .. not you
Old Jul 17th 2014, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sunnysider
Seems that at worst he could be accused of having a slightly inflated view of his abilities in this area but in truth it strikes me as a grand irrelevance. He's the Italian prime minister and under no obligation to speak english. In any negotiations he is of course going to have teams of translators. I'd be more interested in whether he is just waffling in any language or will manage to do anything.

I do get the impression by the by that the shine is coming of Renzi for many watchers.
I don't think any of us said the Renzi is obbliged to speak Italian. We said, if you can't speak a reasonable English, use a translator.

Never shone for me. Grins too much, but I don't 'spose that's a valid way of selecting a candidate.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I just sat though a call with a member of senior management who spent years in the USA . While speaking to a very dignified lady of a certain age he announced '' Lo so , lo so bene che tu conosce sicuramente il BACKSIDE del cliente in Monaco , ma... '' he used the term serval times , I think it was supposed to be BackOffice....
Old Jul 17th 2014, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I just sat though a call with a member of senior management who spent years in the USA . While speaking to a very dignified lady of a certain age he announced '' Lo so , lo so bene che tu conosce sicuramente il BACKSIDE del cliente in Monaco , ma... '' he used the term serval times , I think it was supposed to be BackOffice....
or background?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.