Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Renewing Italian passport - Losing my patience

Renewing Italian passport - Losing my patience

Old Feb 23rd 2018, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Italian passport - Losing my patience

"we cannot help as we don't have a printer"....?!? WTFF????

To save time and money, Id suggest that you nip down to PC world, buy a printer and take it to the consulate. It beggars belief...
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 7:38 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
"we cannot help as we don't have a printer"....?!? WTFF????

To save time and money, Id suggest that you nip down to PC world, buy a printer and take it to the consulate. It beggars belief...
Tut, tut, Modicasa. By now, you should have learnt that the printer needs to be 'omologato' and triple stamped with several bolli.

To the poster. I suggest asking on the Italians in the UK FB page.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 7:42 am
Just Joined

StuBacca is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all...many thanks for the replies, I will give the FB option a try as well...fingers crossed that works for them and I don't get asked to fax my request through!....
Old Apr 6th 2018, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Monkina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we have been trying to book a passport renewal appt for weeks now too. I downloaded the redial app and tried all day today. I am now considering going to the consulate on Monday and attempting to book an appointment in person. Could anyone please comment whether they think it's worth a try or will I be turned away? I would be travelling from Herts, so not miles away but not really around the corner either?
Thanks very much for any feedback!
Old Apr 12th 2018, 5:32 am
Just Joined

mario m is an unknown quantity at this point

hi monkina, am in exactly same state as you, been trying to phone for months always engaged. I live in Bedfordshire so may go down to London, but have heard that they will turn you away if no appointment has been made.
Anybody got any ideas.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Monkina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mario,
On Tues I did use a redial app and managed to get through within 1 1/2 hours. I then hang on in the 'connect you to the next available operator as soon as possible' queue for 30 mins and then got cut off. It was delightful. I kept redialing but eventually office closed and I didn't get any further.
Then again on Wednesday I did the same, re dialled again for about one and half hours and got through to the queue again. Then was on hold again there for 31 mins until I got through, but managed then to book the appt for early June.
It's totally frustrating but I managed in the end, set some days aside if you can?!! We have been told not to go without appt, is there anyone who tried going down to actually make an appointment?
Good luck everyone
Old Apr 12th 2018, 9:11 am
Just Joined

mario m is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Monkina,
You must have been lucky, I have spent from 8-30 till 1-0 then with 2 phones doing repeat dialing always engaged ,for days on end.
then moronic robot message comes on to tell me , the office is now clossed. Looks like my paid trip to France on 8 June will be wasted. (unless you fancy a eurostar ticket to PERPIGNAN) .
Old Apr 12th 2018, 9:15 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh what a total pain! Looks there is no other option except to keep trying. I hope you get to France.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

maria gaffney is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Renewing Italian passport - Losing my patience

i am after any advice on how to renew my partners italian passport, quickly as we go away on the 26th april, and this london consulate take the ...... never answer the phone to book a appointment im at the end of my tether now and getting very stressed about it ,i have rang constantly for nearly 3weeks now and still no answer until its 1oclock then they say please call back tmz urghhhhh
Old Apr 13th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maria gaffney
i am after any advice on how to renew my partners italian passport, quickly as we go away on the 26th april, and this london consulate take the ...... never answer the phone to book a appointment im at the end of my tether now and getting very stressed about it ,i have rang constantly for nearly 3weeks now and still no answer until its 1oclock then they say please call back tmz urghhhhh
Forget the consulate. Try this :
Make very clear colour photocopies of the important pages of the passport, making sure personal details and passport number are not blurred in any way.
Then go to a police station and get a note saying you are reporting this passport as lost,or possibly mislaid, and you have to travel urgently.
When you arrive in Italy go to a polizia di stato station with all your documents in order, said photocopy, and they will issue you a new passport on the spot.
This worked for my grandaughter last October. Silly girl is always losing her passport, and doesn't have British citizenship yet.
Good luck,
o'nonno.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Please I am having a similar issue just my passport expires next year. I’ve being trying to get in touch with them but it’s a dead. Can you help?
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Please I am having a similar issue as Chirax but I’ve not registered to the aire, they requested I send in my birth certificate which I have but they’ve not responded which has left me frustrated. Please can you help?
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:29 am
Just Joined

I was born in Ghana but lived in Italy for a while but later on moved back. I’m currently living and working in Uk and I am trying to register to the AIRE, they requested for my birth certificate but have not replied. I’ve being calling their office and sending emails but no seems to answer. My passport expires soon so I really need to register before it does. Can anybody help?
Old Apr 21st 2018, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Garronal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Monkina
Hi, we have been trying to book a passport renewal appt for weeks now too. I downloaded the redial app and tried all day today. I am now considering going to the consulate on Monday and attempting to book an appointment in person. Could anyone please comment whether they think it's worth a try or will I be turned away? I would be travelling from Herts, so not miles away but not really around the corner either?
Thanks very much for any feedback!
Don't go without an appointment you will be turned away. You cannot make appointment requests in person. My wife did this on Friday 20th April and it is a highly patronising experience. We are now trying with other vice consulates such as Birmingham, Bedford and Cardiff. But we will also try the redialer app with the London call centre number too.

Last edited by Garronal; Apr 21st 2018 at 4:47 am.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 4:50 am
Just Joined

That is true, I went there a couple of months ago and all they did was they told to keep trying and gave a piece of paper with the contact details on, which is no different to the ones online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.