Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Originally Posted by Trisha52
Italians don't no the eu exists, and go merrily on as if it doen't have anything to do with them. The banks are the worst - if your'e a woman and to boot a foreign woman, then they don't even accknowledge your presence.
The only time I was told to "go back home if I didn't like it" to my face was by a bank teller.

Granted I might have instigated it by being totally surprised at a ridiculous answer I was given to a simple question and I spluttered ....

"but why - what - how come? It would never happen that way In England."

I was told if I didn't like it to go back where I belonged.

I had been with the same bank for a long while and usually always went to the really nice Andrea. He wasn't there that day and I ended up with Old Grizzly.

After walking down the street and silently fuming to myself i decided to go back in to the bank and went straight upstairs to management where I complained about Old Grizzly.

I learnt that not only what he had told me was completely wrong but that I was not the only person to have complained about his lack of manners - respect and so forth.

Saying that .......... for the first time in ages I wanted to smash a shop girl's head in yesterday ........but I'll put that in Happy Hour or dtart a new thread on the laughable customer services !
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

I actually dont think the italians have the faintest idea of the concept of 'customer services'
I have been spoken to so badly in big stores (ie Carrefour) that the people with me were just agog at the attitude

Anyway - having a glass (or maybe fourth .....lost count and dont care) so off to watch the BAFTA's on the telly !!

nighty all