Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Qu re. property renovation and records

Qu re. property renovation and records

Old Aug 20th 2017, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough
Default Qu re. property renovation and records

I suppose Modicasa could be the expert on this point but if others know or have experience/opinion, please chime in

If one bought an apartment (built 1950) to which a minor alteration had been done many years ago (1980s, probably), would that renovation have had to be lodged with the comune or similar authority?

The renovation was a shower stall built into a bathroom wall, the back of which projected out into the kitchen, around which the kitchen units were built. (I don't know the technical terms).

Furthermore, no record of such work in the title deeds and documents of the apartment can be found.

If this work was not formerly recorded with any authority, it seems there's nothing to stop someone reversing the work, to the apartment's original plan/state without anyone knowing.

It is understood that since the earthquakes in 2012 any structural change, however minor, must be planned by a geometra, and so become official.

However, if no records of the previous work exist, changing the structure back to the original plan would make no difference as far as the authorities go, it seems.

Input welcome.
cheers.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qu re. property renovation and records

Originally Posted by britaly00
I suppose Modicasa could be the expert on this point but if others know or have experience/opinion, please chime in

If one bought an apartment (built 1950) to which a minor alteration had been done many years ago (1980s, probably), would that renovation have had to be lodged with the comune or similar authority?

The renovation was a shower stall built into a bathroom wall, the back of which projected out into the kitchen, around which the kitchen units were built. (I don't know the technical terms).

Furthermore, no record of such work in the title deeds and documents of the apartment can be found.

If this work was not formerly recorded with any authority, it seems there's nothing to stop someone reversing the work, to the apartment's original plan/state without anyone knowing.

It is understood that since the earthquakes in 2012 any structural change, however minor, must be planned by a geometra, and so become official.

However, if no records of the previous work exist, changing the structure back to the original plan would make no difference as far as the authorities go, it seems.

Input welcome.
cheers.
Hi,the way I read this is that it is a simple non structural internal alteration with no impact on the external structure.But knowing Italy,some commune twat will say otherwise,cheers,Brian.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, its a non structural change soon that basis no need for a DIA..... but - it has changed the shape of the bathroom and involved plumbing work so could need a DIA. It depends what you have in mind? Are you selling? If thats thte only difformity to the catastal plan you'l probably have no problem, but the buyer can insist that the plans are redrawn, (unless they're planning to restore the property to as it was).
Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:32 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Different comunes, different regulations. We have to notify the comune when redoing a bathroom even if no structural work is involved. Not that many people do, but with an apartment, a neighbour could complain.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

britaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the roughbritaly00 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by modicasa
I agree, its a non structural change soon that basis no need for a DIA..... but - it has changed the shape of the bathroom and involved plumbing work so could need a DIA. It depends what you have in mind? Are you selling? If thats thte only difformity to the catastal plan you'l probably have no problem, but the buyer can insist that the plans are redrawn, (unless they're planning to restore the property to as it was).
The bathroom now has the original plan. No, It wasn't structural. There's no document that i have recording the previous change. So if the previous change wasn't structural, was there any need for it to be registered ?