Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Property in Southern Italy

Property in Southern Italy

Old Jul 4th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bakerboy1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property in Southern Italy

My wife and I are considering moving to Italy for good. We hear the cost of living is less in the south so that's where we have in mind.

Can you give me an idea of the best areas for expats in Southern Italy?

Do you know any good web-sites for viewing properties for sale?

Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

fcorazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Property in Southern Italy

Originally Posted by Bakerboy1977
My wife and I are considering moving to Italy for good. We hear the cost of living is less in the south so that's where we have in mind.

Can you give me an idea of the best areas for expats in Southern Italy?

Do you know any good web-sites for viewing properties for sale?

Thanks.
Italians properties are very expensive since is the only market in our economy which remunerates well. I consider Abruzzo a beautiful region, but also Toscana (which is not the south). I use to travel a lot with my motorcycles and there are beautiful places who only few people visit and live there.

Looks also those regions: Umbria, Marche, Molise. But you have to specify if you prefere mountain or sea... the ones I listed are great for the mountain scenario, simply marvellous!

All depends on how you will like the south italian people - that's not like in holyday, it's totally different in the everyday life.

Make your assumption, Italy is a beautiful country but stay away from big cities, they are really really expensive.

Fabio