Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Telecom Italia - Voce Internazionale

Telecom Italia - Voce Internazionale

Old Dec 17th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Question Telecom Italia - Voce Internazionale

I wonder if anyone's here's tried this. Does it work ? Any problems ?

https://www.tim.it/offerte/fisso/sol...internazionale
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:41 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telecom Italia - Voce Internazionale

It looks like a good deal but check the small print. You're paying €5 per month for the "free" calls and you're not allowed to go over so many minutes.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

yes i had it. only landlines, but it works
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Thanks very much. I risked coming over here for a few weeks or maybe even a month over Christmas and beyond, but my brother very ill in the UK and obviously I want to be able to have as long conversations with him as he feels up to. This thing may help.

When he's in hospital (he's in and out) he prefers to use a mobile. He doesn't understand Skype on a mobile and I don't want to hassle. I've called 187 to ask what "sbinamento" means, and they say it's about Italian mobiles abroad that are linked or not to an Italian landline number. So it doesn't apply to my brother. But if you a call a non-Italian-landline linked mobile you pay the same as you would for a call to a non-Italian landline, which is still better than before. Thanks again.

Last edited by Sancho; Dec 18th 2017 at 7:16 am.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Sancho I don't know if you are aware you can now use your UK mobile allowance in any EU country the same as you do in the UK for limited time (all I've seen are much more than a month or two). Failing that Skype out is available as a monthly package of 400 minutes to UK mobiles or landlines for £6. We have used this for the last 2 years when in Italy for most of the year. We cancel it on return to the UK, simple on-line tick box to cancel.
Skype rates are here.

Last edited by Geordieborn; Dec 18th 2017 at 9:38 am. Reason: Add skype link
Old Dec 18th 2017, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. I've just done it. If there's any problem unsubscribing I'll get back to you. Skype's got much much worse since Microsoft bought it.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
It looks like a good deal but check the small print. You're paying €5 per month for the "free" calls and you're not allowed to go over so many minutes.
True as far as it goes. But the limits are 5 hours in any one day, and 25 hours in any four-week period (almost an hour a day average). I suspect that shouldn't be a problem for most people, but it's useful to know the 'limit' is there ...