Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

pre paid credit card

pre paid credit card

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: pre paid credit card

Originally Posted by Cashmere Kate
It's been like that for over a year. See here: http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/maste...payment-method
Never noticed it. I will use the mastercard in future
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Never noticed it. I will use the mastercard in future
It has to be a prepaid mastercard otherwise they will charge you
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:02 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've used my pre-paid electron with Ryan, Easy and Meridiana without a problem. I think it is free with Easy still.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Maybe I'm a bit too late to reply, but 90% of my italian friends use Postepay, as pre-paid card, they use to buy on the internet or when they travel abroad..It's fine..
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:03 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it just a prepaid Visa Electron card?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

yep, as far as I know it uses the Visa Electron circuit..you have just to top it up at the Postal Office...

I was thinking to get one as well, but I got a Visa electron from my football team association as member so I may activate that one instead, I haven't read how to do it yet..
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:11 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I top mine up online via my banks website. I cannot even begin to imagine having to do it at the Post office..that would drive me insane!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I top mine up online via my banks website. I cannot even begin to imagine having to do it at the Post office..that would drive me insane!!
You can also top it up at most bars or shops that have the "sisal " sign outside, although it costs you an extra euro. Visa electron is no longer free, its now the prepaid mastercard. Check this out http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/dea...ights-discount
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:24 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

why don't you just get a proper credit card?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer
why don't you just get a proper credit card?
because ranair charge you for using a proper credit card
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:36 am
Pull my finger

change airlines
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer
change airlines
Or... I could marry a millionaire and buy my own jet.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by giodafa
because ranair charge you for using a proper credit card
Easyjet does the same, € 12,50 fee for credit card payment..CRAZY!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Try asking your bank if they have their own prepaid credit card. I have an account with unicredit and their creditcard is called Unicreditcard click. I can put up to 5 grand on it and use it anywhere in the world-just like any regular card and you can top it yourself from your own bank account. It's brilliant!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DaniL
I don't trust myself with a real credit card again, which is a good Italian pre-paid to get? Poste pay seems pretty simple to use, I assume you can put money on it at the post office? I'm not sure I can handle doing transfers online, technical things in Italian panic me! O might be able to manage one that you can do at an ATM. Can you use a prepaid card for a mobile phone contract? I guess you can if it's got the security number on the back so you can use it online, but I ain't no expert on this stuff!
don't get Poste Pay for the moment (reason being the internal upheaval in the Poste) I have paypal and use it fine. Top it up at the lotto shop and have no problems what so ever