Reload this Page >

Playgroup/family club

Playgroup/family club

Old May 9th 2017, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Nerina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playgroup/family club

Buongiorno

I will be in Peschiera del Garda for 6 weeks over July & August this year and am looking for places for my 5 year old daughter to play with other children, preferably where she has to communicate predominantly in Italian. Even if this was just for 2 or 3 hours a day it would be ok. < snip link to bring post live>

Ideally, this place would have people who can speak a bit of English incase my daughter needs to communicate something urgently.

We will be staying in an apartment complex but in previous years she has struggled to make friends as although she understands some Italian she is reluctant to speak as she gets confused!

Any ideas where I might find a suitable place nearby Peschiera would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Nerina

Last edited by BEVS; May 10th 2017 at 12:54 am. Reason: snip link to bring post live for the OP
Old May 10th 2017, 6:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playgroup/family club

Hello.

If I were you I would contact the language schools in the area. Some of the private language schools around me run summer clubs for children and you can sign them up for a week, a fortnight or a month. I know of one school that holds its summer club in the open air swimming pool. The kids swim and then they sit under the trees and play games in English. They have a mid morning snack and work on their English school holiday homework book and then swim again and play games.

There are lots of summer clubs for Italian school children because they break up in June and don't go back to school until September. Working parents just can't take that much time off work so lots of kids go to morning club or all day club. The price depends on what type of club it is and who runs it like is it church run or privately organised or a sports organisation etc. and of course the length of time you send your child there.

Language schools are the only ones I can think of though where there will be qualified English speakers running the club.

Just type "scuola di lingue Peschiera" into Google.