Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Permanent residence after 5 years

Permanent residence after 5 years

Old Aug 17th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Permanent residence after 5 years

I just went to the Comune and asked for a permanent residence certificate after being here for 5 years.
They told me they wanted to see 5 consecutive CUDs (evidence of paid employment in Italy).
I pointed out that I had an income from the UK greater than that required as declared on my UNICO/PF but it didn't seem to make any difference. They only wanted CUDs.
I wonder if there is any way around this? May be Umbria are being very strict on the rules?

Last edited by philat98; Aug 17th 2017 at 10:54 am.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Permanent residence after 5 years

Can't see anything in the law which suggests that should be the case but of course that doesn't necessarily mean the Comune won't ask for it!

Looking at the rules for Trentino, they don't ask for anything different for permanent residence than they do for "normal" residence, so a declaration of financial means should be sufficient but maybe it would be different if I went to the Comune to apply?
Old Aug 17th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Unless I'm reading this wrongly, officially this EU site link would indicate they can no longer insist on certain things such as sufficient resources. It has a link if you need help, but I would guess it is the last thing you would want to do.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:55 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Unless I'm reading this wrongly, officially this EU site link would indicate they can no longer insist on certain things such as sufficient resources. It has a link if you need help, but I would guess it is the last thing you would want to do.
I read this as you do. However, the UK is refusing to give permanent residence to EU nationals who did not take out health insurance to cover healthcare during periods of unemployment.

That said, I suspect that the poster's comune Just doesn't know what they are doing.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

"That said, I suspect that the poster's comune Just doesn't know what they are doing."
I suspect you are on the right lines there 37100. There hasn't been much progress in our village since 1450.

Thanks for the useful link Geordieborn. I will print the page and take it round to the Comune.

Last edited by philat98; Aug 17th 2017 at 5:56 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. You probably know, but just in case, change the link end "en" to "it" for the Italian version of the page here. Good luck!