Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Pension contributions made both in UK and Italy

Pension contributions made both in UK and Italy

Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pension contributions made both in UK and Italy

Originally Posted by chris120
Did you pay voluntary UK NI contributions after you left the UK? How many years of UK NI contributions did you have altogether? Up until this year you needed 44 years of contributions in the UK, they traditionally ignored missing contributions when you were over 60 years of age making it an effective 39 years of contributions required. It may be that if you leave the UK they do not ignore these missing 5 years. I am told that now (or soon) the requirement will drop drastically and (about) 30 years of contributions in the UK will secure you a pension.
I guess i depends when you left UK?
I worked from 15 till 59 so I had the 44 years, but they didn`t say if I left the UK I would lose the last 5 years from 60 to 65.
I now only get 92% of a full pension so your figures maybe out.
Thinking of the time work between the years perhaps I only had 42 years total, so maybe I am just two short anyway.
I am getting them to check it anyway is case I can pay the extra stamps if it is worth it.
Robbing :curse: If you retire after 2010 like you say you only need 30 :curse: years.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Mick_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

As someone who's been living in Italy for almost seven years and paying no voluntary contributions to the UK, but who intends to return to the UK before retirement age, I'm also looking into this. This HMRC info page is useful in the first instance: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/osc.htm#3
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

I reach my pension in June this year, I have worked on and off since 1965 (when i was 15) but they will only give me a 26th part of 30 years contributions (it should be 27 but you don't get anything for your contributions from age 15 to 16). Fortunately as I had my children to look after, so was unable to work for a few years in the UK, I am entitled to Home Responsibilities protection so that helped to bump it up a bit, otherwise it really would have been a pittance.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

the International pensions centre uk, Telephone 00441912187777. they normaly deal with any enquires for anyone living overseas.