Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Electric supply for commercial industrial use

Electric supply for commercial industrial use

Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough
Default Electric supply for commercial industrial use

Hi All,

I'm just looking at the possibilities of converting our disused barn to be used a for a small industrial/commercial purpose.
The issue i have is that the machinery it would house is far above the 3kw. In fact depending on what we'd do, one of the machines has a 30kw motor.

So, my question is, does anybody have any idea or experience of this type of change as to what involved with Enel and prices per kwh etc?

The other option i have is to forget the mains option and find an industrial diesel generator but think this would cost much more to run in the long run and be quite in-efficient.

Thanks in advance..
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric supply for commercial industrial use

https://www.plcforum.it/f/topic/3577...ntratto-20-kw/
According to this was incredibly expensive even 10years ago.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

Think that rules out the main electric option then!!!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Wether you can use a barn for commercial/industrial purposes depends on the Piano regolatore for your comune - Id check with them first that its even possible.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Yes, already spoke to the comune. Will probably have to pay for a change of use and pay for bollo/tax.
Seems they cant tell me how much it is though!!