Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:55 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris passport application

Originally Posted by indiebird
hmmm I translate it as: couldn't be arsed!!! Why no card??
No card or sticker because they never came. They don't come and then when you phone and query they tell you that if it's urgent come and pick it up.

Testarossa, 'mancava l'interessato al ritiro della spedizione' just means the named person wasn't there to sign for the parcel.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:15 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, as in "missed the consignee, returned to depot" kind of thing? I'm just hoping the porter didn't refuse to sign for it or something stupid, but you never know!! I've got the depot phone number anyway, so I will be calling domani first thing you can be sure!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, glad I've made an appointment for Durham to renew mine while I'm in the Uk next week.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:58 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Margeret, did you get all the info about the photos? They are different for a UK application. Hope it goes well! Other than the photo's it was a very easy process for my OH getting Alex's done there.

Anyway, update!!! Got through to the call centre today, they have rebooked delivery for today to me here. Means I'm now sat in until they come, assuming they do, but they are also now supposed to call me to say they will be arriving - this is their policy not mine......We shall see....

Not impressed!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

I took some photos at a photo booth here the other day, but a UK Application Form should be waiting for me at our UK address. If I need different photos I will just do them on the way to the appointment. I have a couple of days before the appointment.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:36 am
The Original Red Head!

Yeah, they can't have a white background for a UK application, it has to be grey/blue/cream as they scan your application in the UK. Remember to leave your scissors and flick knives at home too...
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yeah, they can't have a white background for a UK application, it has to be grey/blue/cream as they scan your application in the UK. Remember to leave your scissors and flick knives at home too...
Have to get some more done then, mine have a white background. You mean leave scissors and flick knives at home here, or in the UK?

Last edited by Margaret M; Mar 12th 2010 at 7:42 am.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:28 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! When you go to the passport office! When I booked the appointment in London for my OH I was told no sharp objects would be allowed in the building and only one person allowed "in the building" per appointment! Someone can't go with you and sit in a waiting room, they just won't be let in! This might only be London though. The photo thing is definite though, Stephen went for the appointment for Alex's passport with white background photo's and then had to get on a train from London to Winchester to pick up ones done that day with a grey or blue background.. I will be really glad when they are finally done for the next five years!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Have to get some more done then, mine have a white background. You mean leave scissors and flick knives at home here, or in the UK?
If you wear glasses you have to take them off for the photo
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm jumping in with a post-related question here. I need to send a letter to Amsterdam and make sure it gets there before the end of next week 19 March.

What is the best way of doing this, will it get there OK using the post office and what service should I ask for to improve my chances of it getting there OK and on time?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:25 pm
The Original Red Head!

Pidgeon?? Have a look at the Poste Italiane website, it goes through all the different options on there. Having said that I find priorita arrives a few days after I've sent it - to the UK that is, depends whether it needs a signature or not really. I think sending it in a jiffy bag actually improves chances of it surving too, not as easy to lose as a normal envelope.

P.S. It will also depend on how good the Dutch postal service is - in the normal course of things my post gets out of Italy to the UK pretty quickly and the Royal Mail doesn't slack at delivery. Also Poste Italiane will tell you they can't guarantee that a letter posted raccomandata here will be treated the same by the foreign service it goes into. You should therefore also look at the products that specify international delivery, assicurata that I used was this but the strike in France put paid to any speed of delivery.

Last edited by TestaRossa; Mar 12th 2010 at 2:30 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:28 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
If you wear glasses you have to take them off for the photo
Recommended but not obligatory. No tinted lenses though and frames must fit around the eyes and not obscure them in any way - like glasses drooping down your nose or something.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

I think you have to take them off now for a UK application. We made Alex anyway and I always do. It's just another hassle if they decide otherwise.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:32 pm
The Original Red Head!

Still not arrived....and I have chased it....out for delivery, could arrive up until 1800...
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:35 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I think you have to take them off now for a UK application. We made Alex anyway and I always do. It's just another hassle if they decide otherwise.
You don't, but it does say it's preferable to remove them on all the 'dos and don'ts' pages.

See here :

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_174925.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.