Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:59 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paris passport application

Just sent off Antonia's renewal to Paris via posta assicurata. I'll let you know how I get on....
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:05 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris passport application

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't use any courier services then?
What about price of return postage?

I'd really like to know how it goes as have to get my own passport done soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if I'll have time to get mine done in the UK between 14th and 29th March? It doesn't expire until February 2011 so will that be too soon to do it anyway?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:18 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You didn't use any courier services then?
What about price of return postage?

I'd really like to know how it goes as have to get my own passport done soon.
I used posta assicurata per l'estero. It should be okay and there is insurance to cover the cheque inside which, even though it isn't transferable is still cash in the wrong hands! I can track it through the posteitaliane website too. The fee of €121 for a kids renewal includes the courier of €26 for the return.

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Does anyone know if I'll have time to get mine done in the UK between 14th and 29th March? It doesn't expire until February 2011 so will that be too soon to do it anyway?
Check out ukinfrance website where you'll find passport renewal info relevant to either doing it here or in the UK. I think you have to have less than 9 months left before you can renew though. They tell you on that website though. If you want to do it through the UK I can tell you exactly what you have to do as we did it for my son's passport 2 weeks ago. With the time frame you have you would have to make an appointment to renew in person at one of the passport offices. We went to the one in London. You can only make an appointment 2 weeks before you need it, no earlier. When you make the appointment - you do it over the phone to the Identity and Passport service - they will ask your name, obviously, postcode - you can give your Italian one initially but when they make the appointment they will need the UK postcode of where you will be staying. When you go to the appointment you will need proof from where you are staying that you are staying there. If it is friends etc they will tell you what you need as proof. This is so people can't fly in and out to get a passport... Anyway, only one person is allowed in per appointment, you won't be allowed to take another person past security with you. You can pay the fee in cash or by credit card - check out the site and it will tell you. Once you have had your interview you will be able to pick your passport up 4 hours later or up to a week after that. HTH.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I used posta assicurata per l'estero. It should be okay and there is insurance to cover the cheque inside which, even though it isn't transferable is still cash in the wrong hands! I can track it through the posteitaliane website too. The fee of €121 for a kids renewal includes the courier of €26 for the return.

Check out ukinfrance website where you'll find passport renewal info relevant to either doing it here or in the UK. I think you have to have less than 9 months left before you can renew though. They tell you on that website though. If you want to do it through the UK I can tell you exactly what you have to do as we did it for my son's passport 2 weeks ago. With the time frame you have you would have to make an appointment to renew in person at one of the passport offices. We went to the one in London. You can only make an appointment 2 weeks before you need it, no earlier. When you make the appointment - you do it over the phone to the Identity and Passport service - they will ask your name, obviously, postcode - you can give your Italian one initially but when they make the appointment they will need the UK postcode of where you will be staying. When you go to the appointment you will need proof from where you are staying that you are staying there. If it is friends etc they will tell you what you need as proof. This is so people can't fly in and out to get a passport... Anyway, only one person is allowed in per appointment, you won't be allowed to take another person past security with you. You can pay the fee in cash or by credit card - check out the site and it will tell you. Once you have had your interview you will be able to pick your passport up 4 hours later or up to a week after that. HTH.
Less hassle to get it from the embassy.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:20 pm
The Original Red Head!

What, in Paris???! Seriously, I'm confused!! We can't use Rome anymore, everything has been centralised for those of us in France, Belgium, Luxembourg Italy, Malta, Monaco, Switzerland and The Netherlands!! Apparently we Italian expats are a minor blip on the Embassies radar screen!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Less hassle to get it from the embassy.
Were it true it is still SOO SOO much more expensive though.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
What, in Paris???! Seriously, I'm confused!! We can't use Rome anymore, everything has been centralised for those of us in France, Belgium, Luxembourg Italy, Malta, Monaco, Switzerland and The Netherlands!! Apparently we Italian expats are a minor blip on the Embassies radar screen!
We have to use the one in Madrid as the Malaga one stopped doing them, Portugeezers have to send theirs there to.
Cost me 170 0dd €`s, but saves arranging an app in the UK etc whilst over there.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Were it true it is still SOO SOO much more expensive though.
Yeah but, in the UK you have to add on phone calls to UK to arrange app and paying for the appointment, fares to Embassy, etc, so probably close in costs.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:18 pm
The Original Red Head!

Okay, take off the phone call - no idea how much that cost to arrange the appointment, BUT Antonia's passport cost €121 plus assicurata of €11.45. Alexander's cost £110.....It would be the same difference for adults too. Agreed it is only worth doing if you are in London etc. for the day. We actually had no choice either as Alex was in the UK and too young to apply for his own passport!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Testa - thats really expensive. I'm glad I got my youngest his new passport last time we went home. It was £49 and then I had to pay an extra £35 for extra quick processing - so I mustnt complain
After reading this I think I will seriously try to do mine next time I go home too ! Its £77.50 for an adults in Guernsey.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:19 pm
The Original Red Head!

Wow! That's good! It cost us about €184 I think to renew through Rome...and the courier was only €14 of that then, it's €26 now!! So it'll come out around €200 for an adults renewal through Paris now.....
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

That is daylight robbery
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

Luckily I won't have to do it now for another 8 years and they'll probably be chip and pinning us by then!!

And next time Alex needs to renew his he'll be old enough to pay for his own!! Or am I being naive???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.