Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Only in Italy !!

Only in Italy !!

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Italy !!

The 100 day plan - how is that going?[/QUOTE]

60 days gone....!? already...
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Are the provinces actually being abolished as I think has been promised.

And by Letta. Maybe Monti as well.

Or are they just stopping/postponing elections as I thought I read somewhere?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider
Are the provinces actually being abolished as I think has been promised.

And by Letta. Maybe Monti as well.

Or are they just stopping/postponing elections as I thought I read somewhere?

'Till any deal (law)is done, sealed and delivered no promises are to be believed. Can anyone see the Senate people voting for loosing their jobs ?
It is probably true that Italy cannot go to the ''urne'' as the result would be a mess jet again, so they will have to wait till a new system in place... when, your guess is as good as mine .
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Ta for the reply highlander.

If they don't get a move on though Sardinia will be creating some more, even though there was a popular vote to get rid of them. They created 2 new provinces fairly recently.

Sardinia has more administrative regions than it did during the middle ages, despite the advent of the telegraph, internal combustion engine etc etc.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highlander1
'Till any deal (law)is done, sealed and delivered no promises are to be believed. Can anyone see the Senate people voting for loosing their jobs ?
It is probably true that Italy cannot go to the ''urne'' as the result would be a mess jet again, so they will have to wait till a new system in place... when, your guess is as good as mine .
Yep and given they still have not got around to approving more than 50% of the laws Monti announced it may be a while yet
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
I hope Renzi succeeds too. He is trying to do what Berlusconi tried and failed. You can't run a 21st. century country on a legislative constitution designed for a war torn illiterate peasant economy of the '40s. The onlky way out is constitutional and attitude reform. Will it happen? Probably not; it only needs an investigating judge to discover that Renzi smoked a spinello when in school, or screwed a girlfriend when she was under age; and the whole caboozle falls apart.
by by dicette l'inglese
Berlusconi only ever saved his arse and pocket. He promised a reduction in the number of taxes etc from 1600+ to 15 and...................nowt.
M
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

They need to get rid of the local town halls, they are totally corrupt and are just parasites. (A classic example is the Italian birth certificate valid 3 months) Check out your local mayor, they have got a bit craftier these days, now the deals are done with developers and suppliers in the adjacent provinces and vice-versa.
I had land which I was informed I could not do anything with. No Horses,or other animals, No commercial Agriculture, No Solar Panels, No building It was described as "Anime". I sold it and since then It is now in the hands of a property developer.................... How long before it will be built on like the adjacent property owned by a local Mafia boss with a 3 storey apartment block just finished.
M
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Well it's looks as if finally the provinces will be abolished, some say likewise for the Regions (check out the expense account scandals!) and now the comuni too..!!

There's not much that isn't corrupt / inefficient ...
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Well it's looks as if finally the provinces will be abolished, some say likewise for the Regions (check out the expense account scandals!) and now the comuni too..!!

Let's wait and see! When the province are under 6 feet of earth ,then we will be able to say '' They done it !'' ... 'till then
Old Apr 4th 2014, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD

You can say that again. Without boring you with a long story, suffice it to say I finally got acknowledged today that my wife has Alzheimer's and we need assistance. So get our GP to get his finger out and fill in the necessary forms and send them 'via telematica' to INPS. Duly done, at the modest cost of 50 eurines (an obscenity in its own right). Copies printed out are handed to me with the words 'now you need to find a Caf, or a trade union, to follow up your
application and oil the mechanism, otherwise it will just be put at the bottom of the pile'.
No surprise there. I don't have or know a Caf, and I consider the sindacati as the unholy trinity.
by by dicette l'inglese
Old Apr 4th 2014, 9:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You can say that again. Without boring you with a long story, suffice it to say I finally got acknowledged today that my wife has Alzheimer's and we need assistance. So get our GP to get his finger out and fill in the necessary forms and send them 'via telematica' to INPS. Duly done, at the modest cost of 50 eurines (an obscenity in its own right). Copies printed out are handed to me with the words 'now you need to find a Caf, or a trade union, to follow up your
application and oil the mechanism, otherwise it will just be put at the bottom of the pile'.
No surprise there. I don't have or know a Caf, and I consider the sindacati as the unholy trinity.
by by dicette l'inglese
So sorry Nonno to hear about your wife. I hope you get the help and dignity you both deserve.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
So sorry Nonno to hear about your wife. I hope you get the help and dignity you both deserve.
Thanks Lorna, we're getting there. The sister-in-law's son-in-law has a cousin whose husband's best mate is an acknowledged lubrication expert at Inps. A bottle of Glen Morangie with a well greased 'thank you' note is considered high grade lubricant.
Job done (we hope!)
by by dicette l'inglese!
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:08 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to here your news, Ononno. I know how hard it is. Hopefully you will get the help you need now.

The Caaf are useless. They didn't even know how to remove my son as 'a carico'. They couldn't work out how to fill in the paper work. We didn't need to yet, but for the few eurines a mnth we got, it wasn't worth waiting until he reached the income limit. It's supposed to be done as, you said, 'via telematico', but we couldn't work out what to fill in. OH went to INPS himself in the end and a kindly soul helped him fill out the form and we were suprised to see that on the next pay slip, he had already been removed.

730 time again. We need to go to the Caaf.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
I'm so sorry to here your news, Ononno. I know how hard it is. Hopefully you will get the help you need now.

The Caaf are useless. They didn't even know how to remove my son as 'a carico'. They couldn't work out how to fill in the paper work. We didn't need to yet, but for the few eurines a mnth we got, it wasn't worth waiting until he reached the income limit. It's supposed to be done as, you said, 'via telematico', but we couldn't work out what to fill in. OH went to INPS himself in the end and a kindly soul helped him fill out the form and we were suprised to see that on the next pay slip, he had already been removed.

730 time again. We need to go to the Caaf.
:-) Thanks 37100 - do you not think we could all qualify as Olympic hurdlers?
by by dicette l'inglese
Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

by by dicette l'inglese
Sorry to hear about that, I hope you manage to get it moving.
We had to give back my wifes Maternity benefit after about 5 years because she had not filled out something correctly even though she did everything right with INPS at the time.
3yrs after leaving Italy I got hit with a 4M+ Lire fine for health cover for the 3 yrs, and had only 4 days to pay it or it would be doubled even though they knew we had left Italy and that I was working as an Employee in the UK, all because of a missing signature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.