Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New Life in Rome!

New Life in Rome!

Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Life in Rome!

Originally Posted by ononno
You don't have to be illegal to be 'extracommunitario'. I was one from 1961 to 1973.
The term is constantly misused by both media and ordinary folk. It pains me to hear hard working Rumanian neighbours still labeled as such by other neighbours.
by by dicette l'inglese
I to have hard working lovely Romanian neighbers ,who do a lot for us without payment just a smile and friendship
a theef is a theif in any coulor creade or nat their is good and bad in all
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Giacomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Life in Rome!

Just to give you an update on where we are...!

I've been studying Italian at a Language School near Piazza Navona and after 8 weeks I decided I couldn't afford to continue. I now have a foundation understanding of the language/grammer etc. Past, Present and Future Tense etc..

I've been enjoying myself a bit too much lately and decided now is the time to get serious and find myself a job.

I still have not applied for residency... In the fear of its perceived complicated process I put it to the bottom of the list!

I know which municipio I need to go to.. and I hope I have all the documents/ paperwork etc.. it just a case of going there and getting the ball rolling...

Anyway in terms of jobs given my lack of fluency in the Italian language I have been trying to use LinkedIn to pick out specific HR individuals from large companies that I'm either aware of having a job I like or in the IT/Communications industry of which I have experience in.

I am determined to find a job soon as I am uncomfortable with the lack of security of having an income after having that security for the last 12 years.

Below is a quick snapshot of what my background is.. any help finding or connecting me with people within the IT/ Comms world would be fantastic.

ENTHUSIASTIC ; ENGLISH PROFESSIONAL 29 YEARS OLD SEEKING IT MANAGEMENT POSITION IN ROME.

10 years Telecommunications Management Experience.

Proven trustworthiness with responsibility for the UK's National Emergency Services Communications (Police, Fire, Ambulance)

Reporting directly to many levels of UK Government, Company stakeholders and 3rd Party suppliers.

Further information please message me.