Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New Laws for 2018

New Laws for 2018

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

ALFIE15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Laws for 2018

As well as the new rules on bags at the supermarket I heard another law came into force, which I cannot confirm or find anything on it.
An Italian friend shared a link where it said that you cannot drive a car if you are not the registered owner. To me this makes no sense as the vehicle is registered in my name but my wife also drives it. Is this some hoax or has anyone else heard anything similar ?
Buon anno a tutti. 🎊🎉
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Laws for 2018

All the car hire offices would have to close if that was true.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 5:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALFIE15
As well as the new rules on bags at the supermarket I heard another law came into force, which I cannot confirm or find anything on it.
An Italian friend shared a link where it said that you cannot drive a car if you are not the registered owner. To me this makes no sense as the vehicle is registered in my name but my wife also drives it. Is this some hoax or has anyone else heard anything similar ?
Buon anno a tutti. 🎊🎉
The car law is not new,. It is a couple of years old. It is aimed at stopping the criminal organizations putting cars in the name of a 'presta nomi'. Anyway, you cannot drive a car that does not belong to you or anyone on your stato di famiglia for more the 30 days. How the heck they will check, anyone knows!
Old Jan 10th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember that you need to carry a letter at all times showing that you have the permission of the car owner to drive it.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by modicasa
I seem to remember that you need to carry a letter at all times showing that you have the permission of the car owner to drive it.
So should I write a letter for my wife for when she's out driving our car which happens to be registered in my name?
Old Jan 12th 2018, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is Italy. Yesterday I threw a strop in Lidl because they wouldnt let me buy a very large cauliflower without a plastic bag that it was too big for. its the law they said sagely - without knowing what the law actually is.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is Italy. Yesterday I threw a strop in Lidl because they wouldnt let me buy a very large cauliflower without a plastic bag that it was too big for. its the law they said sagely - without knowing what the law actually is.
1) your recipes please for use of 1 large cauliflower.
2) what irritates me about this is that you have to pay to carry their publicity around with you.
'o nonno
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:19 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung
So should I write a letter for my wife for when she's out driving our car which happens to be registered in my name?
No. Family members living together can drive each other's cars.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere - I think- that an Italian Minister had conceded that shoppers would be allowed to use their own plastic plastic bags -but only
once per bag.Is this right? Surely nothing quite so daft can be true
Old Jan 16th 2018, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
I read somewhere - I think- that an Italian Minister had conceded that shoppers would be allowed to use their own plastic plastic bags -but only
once per bag.Is this right? Surely nothing quite so daft can be true
Surely you don't believe that. I mean that it can't be true. We do live in Disneylandia you know.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive had a letter of apology from Lidl! The law states that if you want to buy fruit and veg loose and you want a bag it mustbe a bag of less than 15 microns. You can bring one from home, as long as it isless than 15 microns, but you can only use it once. There is no law that says you must use a bag.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had a letter of apology from Lidl! The law states that if you want to buy fruit and veg loose and you want a bag it mustbe a bag of less than 15 microns. You can bring one from home, as long as it isless than 15 microns, but you can only use it once. There is no law that says you must use a bag.
But how on earth does anyone know how many times a bag has been used. Do politicians grasp that enacting unenforceable laws brings both them and the law into disrepute
Old Jan 16th 2018, 9:17 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
But how on earth does anyone know how many times a bag has been used. Do politicians grasp that enacting unenforceable laws brings both them and the law into disrepute
They split when you pull the old label off.

Auchan adds the price automatically when you weigh your friut. I never put avocados in a bag, so I queried the cost at the till. The cashier took the 2c off.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
They split when you pull the old label off.
But they don't put a label on when you buy fruit and veg from Lidl.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

This law really bugs me. The supermarkets make huge savings getting you to do their work for them - ie weigh, pack and label your fruit. The cost of the bag was included in your purchases, now you pay for the bag, but the shops dont reduce their prices. Then with the new law on rounding up/down small change, they will earn even more, and the govt has the brass neck to say its a 'green' law - when it isnt. You buy a sack of spuds in a non biodegradable plastic net, which is more toxic to theenvironment and animals than a bag, and its free. Why not make stuff in unnecessary packaging 5 cents more, and the bags free?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.