Reload this Page >

A neewbie purchasing in Tuscany!

A neewbie purchasing in Tuscany!

Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:40 am
Just Joined

sarahbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A neewbie purchasing in Tuscany!

Hello!
At the moment I am looking for a townhouse to purchase in Siena, this would be my second home, a place for me and my grand-children to retreat to in the summer holidays! unfortunately I am not fluent in Italian which is making things difficult, can anyone reccomend a an Italian law firm based in lndon which has a good reputation?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you,
Sarah.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of
Default Re: A neewbie purchasing in Tuscany!

Why a law firm? Did you leave something out of your post? Why not go to an estate agent in Siena (who speaks English)?

I'd recommend that you rent for a while to get an idea of areas you like. Also you'll need to plonk down a lot of taxes as you're not going to be resident in the house so you'd better be 100% sure that you want to buy that house.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

sarahbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thank you for your reply!
I forgot to say that I will be purchasing the property with my 3 sisters and their partners in a fractional contract and legal help will be necessary, I have spent the night googling italian lawyers based in london and have narrowed it down to two, DeTullio and Giambrone.
Has anyone had any dealings with either of these companies?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:13 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahbailey
Hi,
I forgot to say that I will be purchasing the property with my 3 sisters and their partners in a fractional contract and legal help will be necessary, I have spent the night googling italian lawyers based in london and have narrowed it down to two, DeTullio and Giambrone.
I seem to remember another thread mentioning Giambrone. Use the search function to check on them.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

His name rings a bell with me too.
He was asked to stop using this forum to advertise his law company .... though that of course isn't a reflection on whether he's a good lawyer or not.

Come to think of it so was DeTullio. Do a search for threads with "Giandomenico". That was his posting name.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Sep 21st 2010 at 10:18 am. Reason: added info.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:20 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
His name rings a bell with me too.
He was asked to stop using this forum to advertise his law company .... though that of course isn't a reflection on whether he's a good lawyer or not.

Come to think of it so was DeTullio. Do a search for threads with "Giandomenico". That was his posting name.
Giambrone was the one dealing with properties in Calabria.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

I don't know whether this solicitor in London can help but he is Italo/English, we have used his services over last 25 years and would ask him to assist us with conveyancing again. Perhaps he could advise you:

Mr Dominic Giacon
Collyer Bristow
4 Bedford Row
London WC1
Tel: 020 7242 7363
e-mail [email protected]
Old Mar 5th 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Wendyleeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarahbailey
Hi,
We have used Giambrone Law to purchase a small holiday apartment in Calabria, near Pizzo and one due to complete in 2012 in Brancaleone.

Their fees are 1% of the price which include a full conveyancing package up to representation in front of the Notary with one of their lawyers by Power of Attorney. We went to the Notary's office with this lawyer, Karla, a very pretty Avvocato fluent in English and Italian: the process seemed so long-winded, the deed was almost 20 pages plus all condominium rules, so we would have not been able to complete without legal representation.

Giambrone comes top on the natural search on google and we were introduced to them originally by the agent and the Italian Consulate.

There is a list of English speaking Italian law firms in the Italian Consulate website for London, they cant recommend a specific firm but give you a list of lawyers accredited with them.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 6:53 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I have used a firm here in Florence called Legale Studio Mastellone. The owner is English/Italian and was brought up in London. They are an International firm so may well be worth contacting as they cover all aspects of the law.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is 6 months old.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Wendyleeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
This thread is 6 months old.
True but the issue of recommendations for good legal representation frequently comes up as there are plenty of Britons living in Italy or considering to move to Italy with similar questions or needing similar advice.

I did not realise that the post was made in September 2010, apologies
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

www.conslondra.esteri.it/Consolato_Londra

Click on Lista dei Avvocati and then Elenco degli avvocati

A few ommisions here me thinks.....