Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving Goats to Italy?

Moving Goats to Italy?

Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Evelyn72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Goats to Italy?

Okay, I know thousands of you are going have experience of this...but it would be extremely helpful to me at the moment to have contact with someone who has had relatively recent experience of moving goats from the UK to Italy and has knowledge of the Bluetongue legislation.

I'm not holding out hope that I'll be inundated with responses...
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:27 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Goats to Italy?

Until you get a proper answer -

"Doctor, Doctor I feel like a goat".
"How long have you felt like that"?
..... "Since I was a kid".

The corny ones are the best!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Smooth move is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We don't have recent experience of moving goats but move cats and dogs very frequently and always found Defra very helpful in answering questions.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Can't help with any goats I'm afraid but welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Apr 6th 2011 at 12:13 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:11 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

If needed, I can ask our neighbour - he's a farm vet. He actualy told me something about blue tongue a while back because he was doing preventive vaccination, but I didn't pay much attention. I mean, why would I?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ooooh, if you would, please?

Having it from the horses mouth so to speak, would really help.

I can't believe you didn't hang on to his every word - I would have been taking notes!

Please, if you do get the opportunity, mention to him that they are goats - the sheep have different regulations because the bluetongue vaccine is licensed for them and so they can travel - it isn't (at least in the UK) licensed for goats. - Hence the problem (or at least one of them!)
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:15 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God. Please don't ask me what I accidentally clicked on - but I have truly messed up and I think deleted your last post Evelyn.

I'm sorry. Brain is obviously out of order. Need a siesta.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

You didn't delete the last post, but in the second one I made I'm now answering myself...

I look like I've asked a question and then told myself I can't be of any help
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelyn72
You didn't delete the last post, but in the second one I made I'm now answering myself...

I look like I've asked a question and then told myself I can't be of any help
I honestly don't know what happened. I was only supposed to be quoting your post and not editing or deleting it.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Evelyn72
Okay, I know thousands of you are going have experience of this...but it would be extremely helpful to me at the moment to have contact with someone who has had relatively recent experience of moving goats from the UK to Italy and has knowledge of the Bluetongue legislation.

I'm not holding out hope that I'll be inundated with responses...

It is sometimes possible to apply for a derogation for this type of thing but
that would have to be granted by the Italian equivalent of DEFRA and no doubt in Italian.

Have you asked the FU or Goat Club or similar organisation for advice/assistance?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Whitelinen

Do you mean the Farmers Union and Goat Club in Italy?

I'm only trying to clarify that you have these bodies because they might be of some help.

Here in the UK I haven't been in touch with NFU or any Goat Clubs - I've just been in touch with an MEP though (Desperate measures!)
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:32 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Does goats cheese really have goats in it? They shouldn't label it suitable for vegetarians then!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

No silly, goat's cheese just belongs to goats!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:41 pm
Pull my finger

well I'm giving it back then 'cos this stinks!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

So you should, it wasn't yours in the first place, I told you - it's the goats'

Besides, only pigs smell their own muck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.