Reload this Page >

Milan to London commute

Milan to London commute

Old Aug 30th 2017, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

brent elliott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Milan to London commute

Originally Posted by 37100
Are you fluent in Italian? There are a couple of International centres, but you would still need Italian.
Fluent not really but pretty good. I think after the first year in Italy I would be up to speed... I must look into these international hospitals, I hadn't thought of that - thanks.

Last edited by brent elliott; Aug 30th 2017 at 10:01 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brent elliott
Fluent not really but pretty good. I think after the first year in Italy I would be up to speed... I must look into these international hospitals, I hadn't thought of that - thanks.
I know that, even with freedom of movement and work within the EU, it is sometimes necessary for certain professions (and trades) to obtain an Italian qualification before it is possible to work in Italy.

I think this applies to plumbers, electricians and so on but might be worth making sure that you wouldn't need to do this....

All bets are off after Brexit, I guess!

HTH
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:41 am
Just Joined

tonynight69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brent, hope you are well.

I just want to echo some of the previous comments;

with regards to flights, its the travelling, check in and waiting around that will consume the most time - especially in the winter.

and im not sure what type of doctor you are, but there are many private and international medical centres that may welcome somebody like you onto their team.

Maybe travel back and forth until you find something over here in Milan.

Kind regards,

Tony