Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Medical Requirements

Medical Requirements

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:09 am
Just Joined

noremac is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical Requirements

Could anybody advise...I am moving to Italy in February 2006, and will need to establish a continuous supply of medication, which currently,in the UK, is made easy from the benefits of "Repeat Prescriptions" and "NHS Prescription Charge Certificates", which as many know - Saves a lot of money and fuss, as you Pre-pay for 12 months, and can then receive all prescriptions without further costs. Equally, If your condition is "moderate" and well documented in your medical history - you can greatly reduce the need to have review sessions with your GP, and continue receiving Medication on a repeat basis.

I appreciate that i will need to set up for a local Doctor in the district, however does anybody know how & if i can recreate this procedure?

I am guessing that i will be able to have my Medical records transferred, which will clearly indicate requirements. I will also be asking my current GP to create some sort of "potted detail" - explaining my current requirements and the procedures therein. Has anybody encountered anything like this, and if so, would they be prepared to advise?