Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LPG tank legal requirements?

LPG tank legal requirements?

Old Feb 5th 2017, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default LPG tank legal requirements?

We have an LPG tank semi-submerged in the garden and just been told there is a legal requirement to keep fire extinguishers within easy reach of the tank.
can anyone enlightenment me please? The installer and fuel supplier have never mentioned a word about this- but that's not suprising if they don't sell extinguishers.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 6:51 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPG tank legal requirements?

Originally Posted by Pica
We have an LPG tank semi-submerged in the garden and just been told there is a legal requirement to keep fire extinguishers within easy reach of the tank.
can anyone enlightenment me please? The installer and fuel supplier have never mentioned a word about this- but that's not suprising if they don't sell extinguishers.
Hi Pica.

I found this on an official gas website:

Importante: in prossimit� dei serbatoi GPL devono sempre essere posizionati 2 estintori a polvere da 6 Kg. e che questi estintori devono essere mantenuti in efficienza e controllati periodicamente a cura di ditta specializzata.

It doesn't specify at exactly what distance but it does say you have to have 2 of them and that they have to have maintenance check-ups ...... which of course means that you'll be paying for that.

The company that you buy them from should come and do the maintenance checks. Have you ever seen the tags on the ones in hospitals etc that have been signed off with the last check-up date?
Old Feb 5th 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hi Pica.

I found this on an official gas website:

Importante: in prossimit� dei serbatoi GPL devono sempre essere posizionati 2 estintori a polvere da 6 Kg. e che questi estintori devono essere mantenuti in efficienza e controllati periodicamente a cura di ditta specializzata.

It doesn't specify at exactly what distance but it does say you have to have 2 of them and that they have to have maintenance check-ups ...... which of course means that you'll be paying for that.

The company that you buy them from should come and do the maintenance checks. Have you ever seen the tags on the ones in hospitals etc that have been signed off with the last check-up date?
Thanks Lorna, not been in a hospital often enough to notice extinguishers but I am aware of legal obligations in public buildings in UK. Best go shopping. Grazie
Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is now the law - my gas supplier supplied two, and refills them every 18 months for a small charge.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:57 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Thanks Lorna, not been in a hospital often enough to notice extinguishers
Been in there too many times waiting for my kid to have some part of him x-rayed ....... plus all the schools I've been in too.

Speaking of safety laws and devices .......... I have never seen a smoke alarm in any house here.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Been in there too many times waiting for my kid to have some part of him x-rayed ....... plus all the schools I've been in too.

Speaking of safety laws and devices .......... I have never seen a smoke alarm in any house here.
We have smoke alarms in the two rooms with stufa's.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

We too have a smoke alarm, and a carbon monoxide alarm in the wood burning stove room, but both came from the UK...