Reload this Page >

Living in Verona.

Living in Verona.

Old Nov 12th 2017, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

leslie_tracey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Verona.

Hi All,

We are looking at the possibility of moving to Verona. Its a city we know fairly well and have visited many times, but are very aware that holidays in a city are very different to living in a city.

Can anyone offer any advice on the Golosine and Santa Lucia areas.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Forza Chievo......

Many Thanks

Leslie_Tracey
Old Nov 19th 2017, 11:14 am
Just Joined

leslie_tracey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Verona.

Hi All,

With regards to first post.

Appreciate that maybe no expats living in those parts, so could anyone offer any advice on living in Verona in general. Maybe area's to avoid or area's to recommend.

Any information on national and/or local taxes and regular payments, recommended estate agents or solicitors would also be welcomed.

We are looking to move within the next 18-24 months.

Many Thanks

leslie_tracey
Old Nov 19th 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome! Although your first post may not have resulted in the best of starts to your time here! Personally I know nothing about Verona apart from what I’ve read and the desire to visit some day. Perhaps your other questions will illicit a better response, but I suspect you will find the answers to them already lie here in the forum archives. We live the very opposite to a city, hardley remote, but almost. Still I think the question of the difference between holiday and living in a country applies where ever. It did take sometime to come down from the high of living here, but after a while it did seem a lot different, if not absolutely different. A few years further on and I’m now not so sure! It also depends on what you are going to be doing here? We retired here and likely have a total different view point from a number of others here that have children, live and work here. Also we sometimes can still spend months in the UK, others retired here never visit the UK. I mention it as I again think it makes a big difference on how you view living here.
Hopefully other will answer specific questions on Verona.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 8:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leslie_tracey
Hi All,

We are looking at the possibility of moving to Verona. Its a city we know fairly well and have visited many times, but are very aware that holidays in a city are very different to living in a city.

Can anyone offer any advice on the Golosine and Santa Lucia areas.

Forza Chievo......

Many Thanks

Leslie_Tracey
Hi. Our Concierge lives in Verona, but I think she might be away right now ..... so give her a little time to see your post.