Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

I know I'm probably letting the sisterhood down by relying on flattery to get things done (and not doing them myself) but needs must! It was his idea anyway!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to bribe my hubby with biscuits. He claims to be feeling faint during most jobs due to lack of nourishment (!! all he does is eat!!) and I have to refuse him access to the kitchen cupboards until the jobs finished, just the odd biscuit to make sure he doesn't faint!
I need to go to Ikea but always end up spending a fortune... anyone fancy going for me?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:06 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd meet you there - but i think you go to the one in brescia but since the Padova one opened that it a bit closer for me ....... still an hour's motorway drive away though - and I hate driving on the motorways here - can't be avoided all the time though - especially if I have to do an airport run - but that's worth feeling crammed in by big lorries trying to overtake other big lorries as usually means friends or family coming to stay with goodies in their cases.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

happy happy happy, they've been and gone! By the way do yourselves a favour and try the Swedish meatballs, delicious! We also once bought for a laugh their do it yourself rye bread mix, which turned out to be very easy to do, and it was really nice. God I sound like an advert for Ikea. I promise I'm not getting a commision on this!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:28 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sands
happy happy happy, they've been and gone! By the way do yourselves a favour and try the Swedish meatballs, delicious! We also once bought for a laugh their do it yourself rye bread mix, which turned out to be very easy to do, and it was really nice. God I sound like an advert for Ikea. I promise I'm not getting a commision on this!
did you get meatballs delivered to your front door ????
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

don't be daft!!! Mind you, that's not a bad idea
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:33 am

don't be daft!!! Mind you, that's not a bad idea
don't be daft - gosh - haven't heard that expresion in donkey's years - reminds me of home - where is home these days anyway ??
Anybody else ever feel like they are living in limbo sometimes ???
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:36 am

think I'd better go and sing myself happy with the newfound lyrics from a childhood song whilst I stack the dishwasher - no point hanging the washing out !!!

A little mouse with clogs on - well I declare - going clip clippety clop on the stair ........
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
don't be daft - gosh - haven't heard that expresion in donkey's years - reminds me of home - where is home these days anyway ??
Anybody else ever feel like they are living in limbo sometimes ???
wow you are having a bad day! Yes, definitely in limbo. Have NO idea where I consider home to be as been away form uk since I was 21, so all my adult life. When I am awaay I feel foreign, but when I go back I feel foreign. Mah! I think I need a head doctor. Off to do a sun dance on the balcony! Thats something you could do with your daughter after school today lorna!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:44 am

sun dance - yes will do that - she'll be so upset if first school trip gets cancelled tomorrow
help everyone - get sun-dancing !!!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
sun dance - yes will do that - she'll be so upset if first school trip gets cancelled tomorrow
help everyone - get sun-dancing !!!!!!
Yeah the one bloody trip they get, the highlight of their year!! Am dancing ..dancing....!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point

The mouse clipetty cloppeting on the stair has just reminded me of the "we're off to button moon to visit Mr. Spoon" song, plus the music from the flumps.....
wonder if they're on dvd? I think the kids would throw them back at me but I could watch them when they go to bed........
The Happy hour thread has just scared me to death! who we're all those people?
I'm used to sitting here quietly and all of a sudden its heaving with people....Ritzy nightclub on a friday night!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:21 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it was the British Expats world pub crawl!! So they were trawling all the threads that had anything to do with booze in the title. Where there weren't any they made them up!! They ended up in New Zealand!!

I thought Val Doonican sang I saw a mouse, as well?!

Bagpuss is cool for nostalgic tv trips, even my kids like him!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:29 pm

god - everything is virtual - even a pub crawl - still - sounds like they were having fun gate crashing every thread - lol
Anybody ever try and do the Monopoly Board pub crawl ????
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Beep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the rough

Also Max Bygraves I too remember it well. Guess we're older than we thought - never mind
What do you call a man walking round a graveyard in raincoat?

Max Bygraves...............its a 10 pint joke(only works after that amount or more)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.