Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Life In The UK Practice Test

Life In The UK Practice Test

Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

5636159 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life In The UK Practice Test

This is the old version of the test... The new official Life in the UK test is based on the 3rd edition handbook.
You can also do some free Life in the UK practice tests before doing the official one.

Hope that helped
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinco Pallino
'Great Britain'; 'the British Isles' and 'the United Kingdom' are easily defined.

However, I was surprised to read the following on the Ordinance Survey Website:

"Technically, if you lose the ‘Great,’ Britain only refers to England and Wales." ....
Great Britain is a geographic name, not just a political construct; it is the island that is divided (politically) into England, Scotland, and Wales, and hence the full name of the UK being "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Apparently as a result of some numskull in the US green card administration office in Texas reading my passport, and attributing waaaay too much significance to the last word, rather than reading my visa application forms, I was issued with a green card that said my nationality was "Irish". I am entirely English, born in England, and all the relatives I can trace, back to the mid 1800's are all English.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,i got 79% today and im only a dodgy retired plumber from essex,but i guessed a few of the questions,cheers brian.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

92% yay - Ill be allowed back in!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

I got 87% (didnìt know when the battle of Bosworth was).
Was interested to read under "documents you need"

a passport (even if it is out of date)

can you imagine doing anything in Italy with an out-of-date passport