Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Life In The UK Practice Test

Life In The UK Practice Test

Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Unhappy Life In The UK Practice Test

http://www.lifeinukthetest.com/life-...ractice-test/2

Total score: 13/24 (54.16%)

You have failed the test

Minumum pass for the test is 75%

Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life In The UK Practice Test

Originally Posted by Sancho
http://www.lifeinukthetest.com/life-...ractice-test/2

Total score: 13/24 (54.16%)

You have failed the test

Obviously written by someone whose first language is not english.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Total score: 18 / 24 (75 %)
You have passed the test!

why the questions on the percentage of white / jewish people ??
Old Apr 15th 2014, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

Sig.ra Pallino (Pinca – who was born in the US) took this test (for real) a few years ago. Of course many of the questions are absurd and seem completely irrelevant to the needs of new British Citizens, and in my opinion a question such as: "What is a 99?" would be far more useful.

In any case, there are a finite number of questions to the "Life in the UK" test, so all candidates need to do in order to pass the test is to be committed enough do lots (and lots) of practice tests.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinco Pallino
Sig.ra Pallino (Pinca – who was born in the US) took this test (for real) a few years ago. Of course many of the questions are absurd and seem completely irrelevant to the needs of new British Citizens, and in my opinion a question such as: "What is a 99?" would be far more useful.

In any case, there are a finite number of questions to the "Life in the UK" test, so all candidates need to do in order to pass the test is to be committed enough do lots (and lots) of practice tests.
Many of the questions are very badly written, asking for % of white people in the UK and offering 1, 0.9, 0.88 etc as answers is totally wrong, all percentages should be written like 100, 90, 88 etc. This why a number of British people will fail it, and on one page you have the same question twice, with just a slightly different way of writing.

The English in the questions is also very poor at times, and obviously not written by someone who has English as their first language.

This is a much better sie, and does contain real questions, is written in correct English, and is timed, just like the real exam. Anyone relying on the questions in the OP is likely to get a nasty surprise when they do take the real test.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember trying a sample test from the folks who put the genuine test together. Despite being British and I like to think pretty switched on with a fair knowledge of history I failed miserably - several times.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider
I seem to remember trying a sample test from the folks who put the genuine test together. Despite being British and I like to think pretty switched on with a fair knowledge of history I failed miserably - several times.
ye gods! I couldn't even understand the questions, never mind giving the
correct answers. It all reads a lot like the infamous Nigerian scams.
by by dicette l'inglese
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

no surprise toi any one I failed but got a high score just uder the pass rate , that in its selve says something about the test
probely set by a dyslexic Nigerian business man trying to book seven rooms in my BB for a deligaition
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:01 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

After reading your comments and seeing the first, very badly written question, I didn't even attempt to go any further.

Question 1: Compulsory test aid parents to check the progress of their children
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:49 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
After reading your comments and seeing the first, very badly written question, I didn't even attempt to go any further.

Question 1: Compulsory test aid parents to check the progress of their children
Sorry, but with my last post I meant to post this link, which is to GENUINE life in the UK test questions, and not the very poor site originally posted.

http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1
Old Apr 16th 2014, 12:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider
I got 17/24, so 1 short of a pass, but one of the answers I disagree with, and several questions had answers grouped so close together that it was just a matter of taking a stab in the dark, notably with the Jewish population question.... WhoTF knows that to the nearest tenth of 1 percent? And in any case, what is the relevance?

Second (correct) link: 21/24, I guessed a couple, and it's a dämn sight tougher than the US citizenship test which is a complete joke. At least this time the questions were more or less in grammatical English, though there's a typo in one, where a "then" should have been "than".

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 16th 2014 at 12:44 am.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
and several questions had answers grouped so close together that it was just a matter of taking a stab in the dark, notably with the Jewish population question...
Agree totally - this was my memory of the test. It's appalling. And pointless. And of course you could be the world's worst anti semite and a blight on the social peace of your possibly future country but just terribly well trained to jump through these meaningless hoops. It sends the message that integration and culture and "rubbing along" are meaningless but that's its just a matter of sotting swotting swotting/playing the system. And being intellectually superior to the Brits you are joining as of course they won't know all this - and why should they.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

They're just wrong, loads of 'em - it's embarrassing....
Most notable - to say the Britain includes Northern Ireland is just plain wrong as its title is Great Britain and Northern Ireland. and the medieval period and the middle ages are not the same thing - there will be history professors spinning in their shrouds.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:10 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by modicasa
They're just wrong, loads of 'em - it's embarrassing....
Most notable - to say the Britain includes Northern Ireland is just plain wrong as its title is Great Britain and Northern Ireland. and the medieval period and the middle ages are not the same thing - there will be history professors spinning in their shrouds.
That's why I looked up and posted the OFFICIAL practice tests, the one linked by the OP is so bad, and has such bad English and a poor knowledge of %s that it has either to be a wind up, or just another of these scam type sites.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

'Great Britain'; 'the British Isles' and 'the United Kingdom' are easily defined.

However, I was surprised to read the following on the Ordinance Survey Website:

"Technically, if you lose the ‘Great,’ Britain only refers to England and Wales."

Here's the link: http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog...british-isles/

Boh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.