Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIDL - British Week

LIDL - British Week

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIDL - British Week

Originally Posted by indiebird
Tempura? I like this.... I had a recipe for this batter that worked really well.... will see if I can dig it out later.
Yes, it was tempura. Really good!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:10 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Not keen on batter, but on the rare occasions that I do make it I use fizzy water because I don't really like beer. Don't know if it makes any difference though. Also use fizzy water for pastry.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

I can't say the beer can be tasted in the batter but I will try fizzy water next I'm out of beer in the house. Thanks for spicy batter tips Lorna.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAT M
I can't say the beer can be tasted in the batter but I will try fizzy water next I'm out of beer in the house. Thanks for spicy batter tips Lorna.
You're welcome.

I bought some nice smooth cucumbers when I was in Lidl. Not those bitter, knobbly skinned Italian ones that need peeling. I think they came from Holland. Had a Cheddar cheese and cucumber sarnie.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I can eat the Italian cucumbers. The others don't agree with me!!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:38 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You're welcome.

I bought some nice smooth cucumbers when I was in Lidl. Not those bitter, knobbly skinned Italian ones that need peeling. I think they came from Holland. Had a Cheddar cheese and cucumber sarnie.
I have always found the Holland produce tasteless in comparison. They are grown hydroponically so are just full of watered down cucumber flavour.
I love the bitter flavours of Italy. I think the Brits find bitter not a taste they use often & it offends there delicate palate....(do I hear someone saying "Oi, who you calling delicate")
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ernesto
I have always found the Holland produce tasteless in comparison. They are grown hydroponically so are just full of watered down cucumber flavour.
I love the bitter flavours of Italy. I think the Brits find bitter not a taste they use often & it offends there delicate palate....(do I hear someone saying "Oi, who you calling delicate")
Oi who you calling delicate?? I think you may be right in that we don't always do 'bitter' as a taste as well as other places. I'm thinking of endive... something I still cannot do... and I have tried on numerous occasions.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:02 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernesto
I'm okay with the Italian cucumbers if I peel the skin off them. One or two have been ok but mostly the skins taste horrible.
Perhaps it is the bitter taste - can't stand aperol and gingerino and all those other orange things they make spritzes with.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

yeah i peel the cues too....do you reckon tonic counts as bitter? like that with a nice bit of vodka.....
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the Lidl on Saturday, all they had left was 2 packs of cheese and 1 frozen turkey dinner. I got the cheese. I was really after the balsamic vineger kettle chips.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I never did get the cheese, although they did have cottage cheese which I have never seen here. I can get the kettle chips in Esselunga
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I never did get the cheese, although they did have cottage cheese which I have never seen here. I can get the kettle chips in Esselunga
Kraft makes tubs of cottage cheese - they call it "Jocca - fiocchi di latte."

I can get cottage cheese at a discount supermarket called DPiĆ¹ as well as some deli counters.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:09 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Lidl are doing Greek stuff this week.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Our local Lidl always has cottage cheese, I buy it all the time.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

What about Sour cream anyone get that....I can not find it anywhere...is it called panna amaro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.