Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIDL - British Week

LIDL - British Week

Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: LIDL - British Week

Just got back, finished off a packet of chocolate chip shortbread in the car on the way home mmmmm. Just stuck a couple of baked potatoes in the oven which i'll fill with chedder, How sad is that, i'm actually excited about something i would take for granted in the UK
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hmmmm well we went and all we could find was: sweet pickle and chocolate shortbread. I wonder if all the cheddar is gone already then??!! I know of another Lidl so I am off there tomoz but if there is some cheddar-hoarding Brit out there I am probably going to be out of luck!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:20 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Hmmmm well we went and all we could find was: sweet pickle and chocolate shortbread. I wonder if all the cheddar is gone already then??!! I know of another Lidl so I am off there tomoz but if there is some cheddar-hoarding Brit out there I am probably going to be out of luck!
Now what on earth gives you that idea?? Lol!

There was quick oats, shortbread, frozen dinners etc. in the one I went to. I might go back later in the week to see what is left. I only made a quick trip in case the Cheddar went!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Now what on earth gives you that idea?? Lol!

There was quick oats, shortbread, frozen dinners etc. in the one I went to. I might go back later in the week to see what is left. I only made a quick trip in case the Cheddar went!
oh yeah, and quick oats.... didn't see any frozen dinners! Dh was looking for raisins too... he is a man obsessed bless him!! There was only one tiny poster hidden away in a corner that announced it was British Week too...

Btw, TR did you come all the way up here too?? That is a helluva lot of Cheddar!!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:58 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Took some time out to drive all the way to Lidl. At least it was worth it.

Loads of packets of cheddar left.

Got some boxes of waffles for the kids from the frozen section and a frozen packet of fish and chips - they can try that next time they have some friends around for tea.

I passed on the frozen dinners - figured I could make my own chicken breast, veg and gravy just as easily as sticking something in the oven. There was a turkey dinner too but that had sprouts with it - urggghh.

Everything is in black packaging made by the same company.

Forgot to look for the oats though.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Don't go to Lidl, but I did today and they had cheddar. They also had frozen dinners. Didn't buy them, but I bought some potato waffles. They had run out of crisps and scampi but had the other things. Then got stuck in the till queue behind a S. American with two trolley loads of shopping. When it was time to pay she couldn't remember her pin no.

Indi, I've never seen raisins in Eataly, but I've never looked. If they do though, you know the prices there.

Last edited by 37100; Oct 20th 2009 at 12:03 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Well I went back to ours today but still no Cheddar
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:04 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Just had two of the potato waffles - don't recommend doing them in the toaster! They fall apart! I'll fry them or oven cook/grill them next time. Very tasty - basically frozen mash!!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

We had cheese on toast with HP.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:47 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Just had two of the potato waffles - don't recommend doing them in the toaster! They fall apart! I'll fry them or oven cook/grill them next time. Very tasty - basically frozen mash!!
I'll remember that when I make them for the kids. They hardly ever get chips so I think these will be a nice treat.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:21 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Thank heaven for Lidl things
Just purchased 4 blocks of cheddar and I'm just thinking of all those things I can do with it.....
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ernesto
Thank heaven for Lidl things
Just purchased 4 blocks of cheddar and I'm just thinking of all those things I can do with it.....
Go on Ernesto - give us another recipe.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:13 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Everything is in black packaging made by the same company.
Adams Food Ltd from Staffordshire?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by duffer
Adams Food Ltd from Staffordshire?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by JohnD63
Just got back, finished off a packet of chocolate chip shortbread in the car on the way home mmmmm. Just stuck a couple of baked potatoes in the oven which i'll fill with chedder, How sad is that, i'm actually excited about something i would take for granted in the UK
And even sadder that we can fill 3 pages with drools over a really not that great quality... cheddar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.