Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Laundry List of Questions- Florence, Italy

Laundry List of Questions- Florence, Italy

Old Jan 12th 2014, 11:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laundry List of Questions- Florence, Italy

Originally Posted by modicasa
...... they could easily be his grandparents! Its only 1924!
True, as we don't know how old the OP is.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7thunders
Thank you for all of the wonderful information. I've spent the past 2 days researching areas of Rome and think that I am leaning towards Monti or Prati. Choosing the location was the first step that I needed to take (my opinion of course). Now, I have to find a job in this area, which I know many say how difficult it is to find work in Italy at the moment but on other boards (and expats that I have interacted with) didn't have any issues. So, that topic seems to be split by most. Their biggest issue is the bureaucracy of the legal aspects. Again, thank you all! Anyone familiar with Monti or Prati- rent, transportation, ANY advice or information is more than welcome!
Having a car and parking it in Prati is an enormous challenge!
Also, check the metropolitana map as I do not think it is well connected to the metro.

Another area to consider is Aventino, in my opinion much better than Prati.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

7thunders is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all! And, my grandparents, not my parent came directly from Denmark in 1924. So, I am second generation American!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7thunders
Thank you all! And, my grandparents, not my parent came directly from Denmark in 1924. So, I am second generation American!
So unfortunately, based on the information you have shared here, you have no route to either (i) a visa allowing you to work in Italy or (ii) a passport for any other country in the European Onion, (which would have automatically allowed you to live and work in any country in the EU). Sorry, you plan does not appear to be workable.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:43 pm

FYI: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8#post11159038. Apparently I was right all along.