Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

"Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

"Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

primavera73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Nope - it's still five years for kids.
Here in Bologna they now only issue them for a year.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by primavera73
Here in Bologna they now only issue them for a year.
Oh yes, you're right. I'd forgotten that the rules changed in 2010.
New ones are valid for one year only.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got Fiorella's passport it was something like 180 euro. I was stunned when it arrived 1 week after i posted the application! She's asleep in the photo, up to a year old they can have their eyes closed. She already looks completely different, nevermind in 5 years!
Are you doing a consular birth registration? That was quick and easy but 210 euro! I only did it as we plan to go back to the UK and I thought the birth certificate would make life easier. What they don't mention though is that all the applications are only sent to the high comission in London in December and birth certificates are only available from the general register office the following January. So if you need the certificate quicly you need to pay 80 odd euro to get it from Rome straight away, rather than a tenner to order it online from the GRO.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

WARNING:Lasciapassare are no longer valid for te UK
All kids now have to have a carta d'identità or own passport. Today I saw a 13 day old baby getting issued with one , was curious to see how he was going to sign it
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you find this out? So even valid "lasciapassare" won't be accepted now at UK borders?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

No! Whist getting my 15 year old daughter her carta d'identità(once they reach the age of 15 the lasciapassare are no longer valid) I saw soo many kids there , so off I went to my local police station for information. I had renewed my sons one only 12 months ago. The passport office at the police station asked me where I was going first so maybe they are ok for other parts of Europe but definitely not for the UK.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Aiuto! How long does it take to get an Italian passport? We're going to the UK in August.
We're also on our way to France on Sunday so hopefully this doesn't apply to Schengen countries!!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

you don't need a passport you can apply fora carta d'identità for minori, they issue it the same day as you apply for it. Both parents have to be there! f your driving to France you won't have problems, it's airport controls that won't let you through. Go down to your local comune as soon as possible, here in Rome because it's summer they only issue 75 a day!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giodafa
No! Whist getting my 15 year old daughter her carta d'identità(once they reach the age of 15 the lasciapassare are no longer valid) I saw soo many kids there , so off I went to my local police station for information. I had renewed my sons one only 12 months ago. The passport office at the police station asked me where I was going first so maybe they are ok for other parts of Europe but definitely not for the UK.
Thanks for posting this here, I'd have been in complete hysterics at the airport! Better get down the anagrafe for an ID card then. Do you know if both parents have to be present to get the card "valido per l'espatrio" or is the signed declaration enough?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: "Lasciapassare" for babies- anyone had problems?

I know the thought of it gave me the shivers maybe I should post a new thread to warn everyone. Anyway BOTH parents have to be there with 2 photos , the kid in question and it cost you 5 euros.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

found this http://img.poliziadistato.it/docs/EL..._Circolare.pdf
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

So it's Italy no longer doing the lasciapassare rather than the UK no longer accepting it? Better get down to the comune and get that carta d'identità!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giodafa
I know the thought of it gave me the shivers maybe I should post a new thread to warn everyone.
You're right - maybe we should ask Lorna if it could be a good idea to set up a permanent thread just for things like this that we really need to be aware of. What could we call it ?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:04 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stellina
Thanks for posting this here, I'd have been in complete hysterics at the airport! Better get down the anagrafe for an ID card then. Do you know if both parents have to be present to get the card "valido per l'espatrio" or is the signed declaration enough?
If and that's IF, it's the same as in Verona, you can pick up a pre stamped form from the anagrafe and get hubby to sign at home. I was in the anagrafe when a friend was doing it a couple of weeks ago. But she did have to bring her mum along as a second witness.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

It's not "valido per espatrio" doing it that way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.