IVF child

Old Jan 28th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

sruggieri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IVF child

Hi everyone just a quick question just to put my wife at ease, we are due to move to Italy very soon with our two young children , we have been told by the Italian consulate in the UK that one of children ( 3 year old) won't be entitled to start elementary school until all paperwork concerning to his IVF birth is complete which could take months but we can apply for residency as soon as we get to Italy , as anyone else had the same experience , surly they must a way to get our child to school , the consulate also stated that he won't be able to access the Italian health system even though i have an Italian passport any advice would be very much appreciated
Old Jan 28th 2017, 8:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IVF child

Is your child the natural (genetic) child of you and your wife? ..... As opposed to being the product of a donor egg and/or sperm?
Old Jan 28th 2017, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi , yes my wife is the natural mother but the father passed away before the child was born
Old Jan 28th 2017, 8:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sruggieri
Hi , yes my wife is the natural mother but the father passed away before the child was born
It sounds like there are potentially two issues then - the genetic makeup of the child (was the father genetically the father of the child? ), and the "adoption" of your wife's child by you.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yes the deceased father was genetically the child's father and i am the adopted father
Old Jan 28th 2017, 10:09 pm

Yes the deceased father was genetically the child's father and i am the adopted father
So how would the Italians know that the child is an IVF baby? ..... My daughter is too (genetically my wife's and mine), and nobody would know unless we tell them.

Sounds to me like it is the "adoption" by you, that is the issue.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Even though I've adopted the child in the uk according to the Italian consulate it won't be recognised in italy until they have all the satisfactory paperwork including a written statement by the IVF medical team and a statement by the deceased father of his consent with regards to his partner having IVF when he passes away , it looks like it's going to be a long slog , thanks for your reply much appreciated
Old Jan 29th 2017, 8:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone just a quick question just to put my wife at ease, we are due to move to Italy very soon with our two young children , we have been told by the Italian consulate in the UK that one of children ( 3 year old) won't be entitled to start elementary school until all paperwork concerning to his IVF birth is complete which could take months but we can apply for residency as soon as we get to Italy , as anyone else had the same experience , surly they must a way to get our child to school , the consulate also stated that he won't be able to access the Italian health system even though i have an Italian passport any advice would be very much appreciated

It's the residency that's the problem not enrolling in elementary school. Elementary school starts at 5/6 years old. All children are entitled to an education, even illegal immigrants. However, at 3, you child would go to a state nursery school (Scuola d'infanzia often referred to as Scuola materna) and they are usually over subscribed with places being assigned on a residency basis.

As long as your child is legally adopted, I can't see a problem gaining residency. It would be best to ask the comune what documentation they require. Usually, it's just passports and marriage certificate translated. Personally I don't think that it is even necessary to mention their birth circumstances other than that they adopted if the question arises.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply it's put our minds at ease , i think am going to take your advice and don't mention anything about his birth only that i have adopted him , thankyou much appreciated
Old Jan 29th 2017, 2:47 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply it's put our minds at ease , i think am going to take your advice and don't mention anything about his birth only that i have adopted him , thankyou much appreciated
Unless they ask, why tell them?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm of the same mind as the other posters who suggested not volunteering any information about IVF.

Answer any questions simply, but don't offer up any information that will only give the Italians chance to pretend that they know nothing and send you off somewhere else on a wild goose chase for papers and God knows what.
If anybody asks: the boy is from your wife's first marriage and is now your adopted son. That's it.

And the person you spoke to at the consulate was talking rubbish.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why draw a straight line from A to B, when you can design an arabesque. Don't ever tell 'em owt they don't need to know.Good luck.
'o nonno