Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ITALY IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH

ITALY IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH

Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice
Default Re: ITALY IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH

Originally Posted by giodafa
and knock off the Nutella
Now now, it's good to eat healthily but there's no need to be silly with it!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by giodafa
Vitamins are very expensive here, all that you need is a cheap orange squeezer and and loads of oranges, and knock off the Nutella
I was going to say fill up your fruitbowl... or get carrots and peppers and cut them up and keep in a big box in the fridge for those times when you're starving (before your takeaway pizza arrives) and want something right now!! Dried fruit is good too.... My kids eat quite a few prunes and dried apricots as snacks.... they think they're lucky cos they still think they're sweets.....
Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:22 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I was going to say fill up your fruitbowl... or get carrots and peppers and cut them up and keep in a big box in the fridge for those times when you're starving (before your takeaway pizza arrives) and want something right now!! Dried fruit is good too.... My kids eat quite a few prunes and dried apricots as snacks.... they think they're lucky cos they still think they're sweets.....
Great idea!! Which is why I'm taking a break from my ironing to eat the strawberry cake made by our neighbour.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Originally Posted by indiebird
I did get some Clementines today from the market so I'll be munching through them this week - I find though that food goes off dead quickly over here, so I don't like to buy too much in and then waste it. Carrot sticks are a good idea too. I wish my school had a little fridge and microwave for us to use for lunch and tea, although I suppose I could soak a paper towel in water and keep the carrot sticks fresh that way... I have also ordered some multivitamins and minerals online, which is obviously not ideal but at least I'll be able to take those if I don't have time to buy/prepare veg
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to drink loads of water for better skin.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Steph67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by internationalbefky
Couldn't agree more, I have a much healthier lifestyle in Britain because I have time to cook healthy meals with lots of vegetables and little fat, and there are also more opportunities over there for keeping fit - classes, gyms, affordable sportswear etc etc...

Over here I have to tell myself that the tomato paste and dead mushrooms on my pizza count towards my five a day...

I do miss veg and zumba classes
I have been trying to find out whether it will be easy to find gyms or fitness classes once we move to Italy (Tuscany). It's something i do regularly here in the UK and so ideally would like to continue once we move. Are there local sports centres or gyms or is this going to be a real problem??? thanks
Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of ways to keep fit. Private gyms or if they're expensive then the local comune usually offers classes of some sort. The dance school where my son goes for example, also does new Zumba classes and Reggaethon ! I'm sure there will alot in the Tuscany area.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Steph67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patty
There are lots of ways to keep fit. Private gyms or if they're expensive then the local comune usually offers classes of some sort. The dance school where my son goes for example, also does new Zumba classes and Reggaethon ! I'm sure there will alot in the Tuscany area.
Thanks Patty, i'm sure you're right and i'll certainly have fun looking!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Reggaethon sounds interesting! Is it aerobics to Reggae music?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

All you need is love
Old May 9th 2011, 3:12 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

IS food in Italy ' swimming in oil' ?

I have never noticed it to be so in many years of visiting friends in Rome - and what oil there is is always olive oil which is generally understood to be good for you.

I LOVE the way Italians 'do' food - delicious and sociable - but without making a religion out of it like the French do ( or used to before Macdo ).
Old May 9th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

only if you buy tins of Rio Mare tuna.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old May 9th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

You lost weight in Sicily of all places!!

Lucky you - but I can't see how that is going to happen to me here with the "leave the gun, take the cannoli!" mentality. And then how can you run in a country without pavements.